21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
2011 Mathews Z7Xtreme
28" @ 62 pounds
QAD Ultra Rest LD
Black Gold Flashpoint 5 pin sight(only using 3)
Axion 6" stabilizer
Mathews T5 detachable quiver
Beeman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
Slick Trick Magnum 100gr broadheads.
Nice arrows :) what fletchings do you have?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Nice nice. I had blue and pink ones out on mine. They're supposedly easier to spot in the woods. Not sure that's very true, but I found the two arrows I shot in the woods with ease.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yeah, I've already fired a couple shots from her and I must say that I do love it. My brother has a much newer bow, but I think I may actually prefer the feel of the older one compaired to that (though, I didn't actually fire any arrows from his.) I dunno why, I just like the weight of it for some reason.

I kinda wanna shoot a recurve, just to see how I'd enjoy that.

I really need to read up on bow fishing, that sounds like a ton of fun - and something I've never really though of haha. Know anygood websites for information reguarding that?
Didn't really read it, but I'm sure you can just google it and find a great deal of information. Try finding another forum dedicated to archery. I'm sure there are guys who know a ton and are willing to pass it on... http://bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/bowfishing/gettingstarted/ Might be a good starting point.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That seems like an interesting picture. Is it just random from online or did you really try it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got acouple bows. I like the Martin's. Left is an '05 Cheetah, basic stock with a wisker biscuit and Bullseye sight.
Right is a '11 Exile, wisker biscuit, Truglow sight and an Apex quiver. Both are 60#, left hand, and 28 draw. I'm using a TRU Ball release (not the Truefire pictured). I do own a 1989 Bear Super Magnum 44 that's set up for fishing, it was my first compound and can't give it up. LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bow Brand - Athens Archery Accomplice 34
Draw Weight - 70#
Draw Length - 29.5"
Sight - G5 Rock (I only use 1 pin in it)
Rest - QAD HDX Ultra
Quiver - Bohning Chameleon
Release - Tru-fire Hardcore
Arrows - Gold Tip Hunter XT with Blazer fletchings
Broadheads - NAP Killzone
Hunting and target shooting (recreational only)

I love this bow. I'll try to upload a pic later. I had 3 pins in my sight but they were stacked on each other so I learned to just aim a little high the further I go out. The arrow really doesn't drop much between 10-30 yards (maybe 1"). It has no sound on the shot and no jolt in your hand as the string returns. I took a chance buying a less known bow but was happy I did.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey, do any of you know of a decent range near Wayne county that also offers a place for Archery? I'd love to be able to bring either a firearm or my bow to the same range when ever I feel the need to shoot.
Im not from Wayne, so I can't help there. I shoot mine in my back yard. I'm sure someone around has some info..

Bow Brand - Athens Archery Accomplice 34
Draw Weight - 70#
Draw Length - 29.5"
Sight - G5 Rock (I only use 1 pin in it)
Rest - QAD HDX Ultra
Quiver - Bohning Chameleon
Release - Tru-fire Hardcore
Arrows - Gold Tip Hunter XT with Blazer fletchings
Broadheads - NAP Killzone
Hunting and target shooting (recreational only)

I love this bow. I'll try to upload a pic later. I had 3 pins in my sight but they were stacked on each other so I learned to just aim a little high the further I go out. The arrow really doesn't drop much between 10-30 yards (maybe 1"). It has no sound on the shot and no jolt in your hand as the string returns. I took a chance buying a less known bow but was happy I did.
Lets see some pictures!

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
Yeah, I've already fired a couple shots from her and I must say that I do love it. My brother has a much newer bow, but I think I may actually prefer the feel of the older one compaired to that (though, I didn't actually fire any arrows from his.) I dunno why, I just like the weight of it for some reason.

I kinda wanna shoot a recurve, just to see how I'd enjoy that.

I really need to read up on bow fishing, that sounds like a ton of fun - and something I've never really though of haha. Know anygood websites for information reguarding that?
Check out vids on You Tube of Bow Fishing!! I found them to be the most helpful. As far as a place to go ... well this is the place to be.

http://www.archerytalk.com/

Great deals on archery stuff and a TON of knowledge. You'll read quite abit about the PSE X Force HF there as well as every other bow ever made. I'm watching for a Renegade "The Nuge" bow!! Really cool looking bows. :)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Check out vids on You Tube of Bow Fishing!! I found them to be the most helpful. As far as a place to go ... well this is the place to be.

Archerytalk Archery & Bowhunting News Bowhunting archerytalk.com

Great deals on archery stuff and a TON of knowledge. You'll read quite abit about the PSE X Force HF there as well as every other bow ever made. I'm watching for a Renegade "The Nuge" bow!! Really cool looking bows. :)
I'm already a member there!! Also, I must admit, the DIY section they have has a TON of really useful projects, most rather easy...we need more here if you ask me...

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
Another one from the stable......

Bicycle tire Wood Bicycle fork Twig Bicycle part
Bicycle tire Light Bicycle handlebar Wood Bicycle part
Wood Beam Art Motor vehicle Font

Parker Wildfire Extreme. 7 months old, used of small game and practice only.
70# max DW
29" DL
Trophy Ridge 6 arrow quiver
Trophy Ridge 3 pin lighted sights
Trophy Ridge Biscuit rest
S-Coil Stabilizer
AND .... it's for sale in the "other FS" section right now. Good shooter and accurate as could be. I need to thin the herd now though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well since bows are my main passion here my hunting rig

Bow Brand- Bowtech Destroyer 340 super tuned by Ken at Baldy's Archery in Ohio
Draw Weight- 70 pounds
Draw Length- 29"
Sight HHA XL5519
Rest- QAD
Quiver- Alpine 5 arrow
Arrows- Carbon Express Mayhem 350
Broadheads- Grim Reaper 1 3/4" 125g and Rage 125g

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd post a pic of it, but them they would know I have when we need to register them too.......

Hoyt Turbohawk 55lb draw, wisker biscuit, 2217 easton aluminums with 100gr thunderheads, and a 20 / 30 yard pin. Moving up to 60lb draw, carbon arrows, and 85gr heads. Maybe retractables.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
i'd post a pic of it, but them they would know i have when we need to register them too.......

Hoyt turbohawk 55lb draw, wisker biscuit, 2217 easton aluminums with 100gr thunderheads, and a 20 / 30 yard pin. Moving up to 60lb draw, carbon arrows, and 85gr heads. Maybe retractables.
edit.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Bow Brand - 2010 Quest Primal G-Fade
Draw Weight - 70 pounds
Draw Length - 28"
Sight - HHA OL-5019
Rest - Ripcord Code Red w/ G5 Meta Peep
Release - Scott Sabertooth NCS
Arrows - Carbon Express Mayhem Hunter 350's
Broadheads - Rage 125's
Use - Hunting and some target.

Here's a pic from last season:

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Here's my setup:
Bow-2013 Mathhews Monster Chill (Black)
Draw weight- 70lbs
Draw length-28.5
Sight-Tru-glow 5 pin
Rest-QAD HDX Drop away

Picked it up a few weeks ago.Thing is wicked fast and very comfortable

Wood Building Barware Hardwood Electrical wiring

Release-Scott Mongoose
Arrows-Carbon Express Maxima Weight foward.45-60
Broad head-Rage 100 gr
Quiver.Mathews

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.