New York Firearms Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
OK people ... I'm telling you right now, these bows are a STEAL!! I got this one from Sportsman's Guide about 5 months ago and set it up for big game. At 70lbs and 29" DL, this thing ain't bad at all. Very respectable even when compared to the new bows of today. (single cam) This is a 2008 Parker Frontier which, in it's day, was $699 new!!! They are available as NOS (New old stock) for $197.99 bare. (No sight, rest etc) I just ordered another one to set it up for small game and I'll drop it down to 60lbs for that. If you're looking to get a nice backup bow or looking to upgrade from the "older style compound bow" you may have without breaking the bank .... here it is!! I had this listed in the FS section, but decided to just keep it for now. I like the fact the bow has the cam and idler also camo dipped. LOL

Wood Art Machine Hardwood Skeleton
Wood Floor Flooring Electrical wiring Machine
Brown Cabinetry Black Wood Dresser

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
That's a great price on a top quality bow! I just might jump on that deal.
Back a few years ago when I was a member of the IBO and followed the triple crown and worlds tourney circuits all the top shooters and some of the pros were shooting Parker bows with great success. I remember trying one out and was very impressed with it.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I'm into archery way more than firearms...sorry. Here's a few of mine.

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Lol.....don't be a hater...There's a Nice "H" word in there also.

As soon as it gets above 40 degrees!!
Yep ...I see the Hoyt. ;) I'm still after a PSE X Force HF6 and a Martin Slayer X !!! I've owned both before and although I had the typical Martin cracked limbs, they showed me what their outstanding customer service is made of!! One hell of a great company.

·
Registered
624 Posts
My current bow is a PSE Bruin Pro Series. It has a Truglo 3 pin sight, Trophy Ridge Whisker biscuit and a Vapor Trails strings. Just picked a 2014 PSE Stinger 3G in skullworks camo which I'll be setting up this winter after I sell the Bruin when bow season ends.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bear Cruzer

Slope Elbow Font Electric blue Drawing

Bear Cruzer

I just picked up my first bow from Doc's Archery in North Tonawanda NY. Paid $399 plus tax. 12 Arrows were $80. Release $40 Im glad i went with a local shop. I love the blue color. The shop set everything up and let me use there range. They got my 20 yd pin set up. My draw is 28 and my pull is 38 pounds. I have never shot a bow to this day and i love it. The bow is nice because the range of adjustment from 5 pound pull to 70 pounds. I have the summer to learn and get ready for bow season this year. What hunting broadheads do you guys use?

Dan M

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just picked this package deal up off 24 hr. Campfire classifieds. 5 year old Mathews Z7. $450 shipped to me. Pulled the top-right shot a bit, but it still flew true... Thats a lasered-51 yard group I shot with a US quarter placed on later for scale. Cant wait for this fall..

Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Rectangle Grass Bird Landscape Tints and shades
Wood Art Pattern Tree Flooring

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
I wish you still had that Nuge bow. That old Renegade was horrible but they make a great wall hanger and do have the "Nuge" history attached to them. I'm looking to buy one. I have nearly a whole new stable now. 16 bows that I use now. LOL

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.