New York Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
The ESEE 5 is a beast of a knife. If the knife is for survival against the 2 legged variety then he might better be served with the ESEE 6 as its a little longer, a little thinner, a little lighter, and available with a sharpened clip point. ESEE-6 Double Edge, Rounded Pommel, Black w/ Clip Plate, PLain Blade

If just general survival, then you can get the 6 without the sharpened portion. It was a little too big for me to carry though. I like carrying the ESEE 3 myself (3 3/4" blade) and a Swamp Rat RatManDu as a camp knife if I want something bigger than the 3.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Love my Becker BK-2, although I think a 7" blade would be better as a survival blade.

Plant Sleeve Grey Knife Wood

·
Registered
2,316 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
I bought my son a Mora Bushcraft Black for his 16th birthday.
Nice knife for $38 shipped. Sharp and hefty enough . The sheath may not endure hard use though.
I prefer it over the ones available at Dicks, Gander, WalMart etc.
It is not stainless but I like that.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
just ordered a SOG tsunami from BladeHQ, not for survival or bushcraft but just cause i've wanted one for a while. i'll post up a review when i get it, should arrive some time next week

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.