New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have a Gerber Mark II .. A little long and frill free but well made and great balance.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Becker BK2 which is a heavy duty son of a gun that can do quite a lot. I also have a CRKT M60 Operation Iraqi Freedom knife which is along the same lines as the LMFII that I love. I would say you would want a heavy duty fixed blade as well as an EDC pocket knife both of good quality.

Edit: Full tang on the fixed blade without a doubt.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I think he will be just fine with any full tang fixed blade made out of at least a decent steel (1095, O1, D2 or S30V, 154CM if he want's stainless).

I'm not going to lie I can't stand the look or feel of Ethan Becker's handles. To each his own for sure though.

I know they are good knives though. I've watched people beat the **** out of them and they still go on like a tank.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
EDC: Spyderco Tenacious, Delica, Endura

Folding/Tactical: Spyderco Paramilitary, Cold Steel Recon 1

Fixed: Becker BK2, 7, Becker BK7

Those are my picks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I only have one of Becker's knives so I guess I can't really vouch for the handles but I know you can get micarta handles for them. I do get what you're saying though it definitely isn't the best handle ever but again you can modify even with stipling. To the OP just have him shop around the net, there are great deals for knives all over. Just try to find the best steel for the price.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Thanks for the help guys! The ideal knife he's looking for would be for edc fixed blade and no more than $50. Basically something to carry incase his 1911 fails.
If he can go just above $50 I would say Cold Steel SRK... I still recommend the Beckers though that hovers closer to $70...

I would say look at a Cold Steel Leatherneck (their kabar) but I've heard some had quality issues when under hard use. If its just for a fighting backup or something I'm sure it would fit the bill.

Cold Steel makes good stuff, a lot of weird dorky stuff, but some good stuff too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.