New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went up to my local shop to get my ammo I was looking for the hornady critical defense ammo for 380 they said the were out but she than said just get the zombie ammo its the same exact thing except it has a green tip, the owner her husband turned around and said he is using it for his carry gun and he said not to use it because god for bid i had to use my weapon to protect my self and killed someone he said that i would get in trouble because the lawyers would say why was his gun loaded with zombie ammo what do you guys think would you carry the zombie ammo

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I think if you can articulate to the prosecuting attorney why you were carrying zombie ammo, that would be that. Especially if you could get the gun store owner to back up your story.

However, if you have the opportunity to buy some ammo that isn't for zombies, I would go that route. It is one more thing you don't have to worry about. The gun store owner has a point, but its not like you won't have a chance to explain yourself in court, and what you describe above seems like a plausible explanation. Why not just go to a different store though, or order ammo online? Or use Speer Gold Dots, Winchester PDX-1, etc.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I would NOT carry zombie max as self defense ammo. I do have a bunch of it just in case of a Zombie attack, but would not want to explain it in court or have the prosecution showing that box to everyone. It is intended for Zombies and thats what it should be used for. here is Hornady's disclaimer that states it is not meant for humans.

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

·
Registered
894 Posts
IF zombies were REAL, the ammo would already be off of the shelves. Zombies would have organized & lobbied their Congressmen and laws would be immediately enacted banning the ammunition. Several years ago, Winchester went thru a similar thing with their 'Black Talon' ammo. Great ammo, super marketing plan, --- only they talked of the bullet spinning with razor sharp talons at 50,000 RPM as it entered the target or ballistic gelatin, doing great damage. A hue & cry arose from the public, " these are dangerous bullets, they are meant ot kill & maim, make them stop amking them."

Soon, the bullets were discontinued and were not ot be found. Great ammo, superb marketing ploys, scared the hell out of the public. I still have 40 boxes of .357 Mag. & .40 S & W put away in my ammo cabinet. ( Gonna be a collector's item, someday, don'tcha know.)

If they would have called it "THE PINK POWDERPUFF AMMO" -- YOU'D STILL BE ABLE TO BUY IT TODAY. A good D. A. would probably try to hang you for using 'zombie' ammo. This is what America has come to. :(

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
In its specs is there a difference? For he defense I have pd-x rds but I also stuffed se 12 gauge shells with what ever I could find. Dimes, carpet tacks, wax slugs, bearings, etc. Who knows yyou might need the zombie ammo for a guy on bath salts!

·
Registered
725 Posts
As a side note the Hornady JHP's seem to feed better then any other JHP ammo in sub-compact 9mm's.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
How sad of a world do we live in (or is simply NYS?) that we have to worry about what ammo we're using in a life-or-death situation because we're afraid of how the prosecuting DA (if it gets that far) will act if he learns the ammo was made for "zombies"?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
So I went up to my local shop to get my ammo I was looking for the hornady critical defense ammo for 380 they said the were out but she than said just get the zombie ammo its the same exact thing except it has a green tip, the owner her husband turned around and said he is using it for his carry gun and he said not to use it because god for bid i had to use my weapon to protect my self and killed someone he said that i would get in trouble because the lawyers would say why was his gun loaded with zombie ammo what do you guys think would you carry the zombie ammo
First off.
Periods | Punctuation Rules
Periods [HR][/HR] Rule 1 Use a period at the end of a complete sentence that is a statement.
Example:
I know that you would never break my trust intentionally.

Rule 2 If the last word in the sentence ends in a period, do not follow it with another period.
Examples:
I know that M.D. She is my sister-in-law.
Please shop, cook, etc. I will do the laundry.

Rule 3 Use the period after an indirect question.
Example:
He asked where his suitcase was.
----------------------------------------------

As to your question, it is plain old ammo with green paint/dye. Use it.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
First off.
Periods | Punctuation Rules
Periods

[HR][/HR] Rule 1

Use a period at the end of a complete sentence that is a statement.
Example:
I know that you would never break my trust intentionally.

Rule 2

If the last word in the sentence ends in a period, do not follow it with another period.
Examples:
I know that M.D. She is my sister-in-law.
Please shop, cook, etc. I will do the laundry.

Rule 3

Use the period after an indirect question.
Example:
He asked where his suitcase was.
----------------------------------------------

As to your question, it is plain old ammo with green paint/dye. Use it.
I don't get why spelling and grammar errors seem to irk so many people on this site, this isn't a job application or an English class.

I wouldn't carry the zombie stuff, really its just the defense ammo with a green tip instead of red. As for the argument on what happens if it lands in court - I would seriously hope the DA doesn't resort to using the "The disclaimer on the box says it is only supposed to be used on Zombies, can you explain that?" Because at that point I would ask the judge if this guy was serious and then slowly explain to the DA that zombies are not real and the disclaimer is a joke, while using very simple words, if that doesn't make him look like an idiot in court I don't know what else would.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I will answer this in really simple terms......There NEVER WERE zombies.....There AREN'T any zombies,and finally there NEVER WILL BE zombies.....Are we clear ??? LOL.......Christ,this zombie paranoia has to end !

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I will answer this in really simple terms......There NEVER WERE zombies.....There AREN'T any zombies,and finally there NEVER WILL BE zombies.....Are we clear ??? LOL.......Christ,this zombie paranoia has to end !
Denial. The first stage.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I can't believe this is a real argument or question for that matter.
LOL......I agree....!!! That's all I am saying,this Zombie stuff is pure nonsense....BUT it was a very clever marketing ploy,I will give it that....!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
In the .380 the Hornady "Critical Defense" is the most reliable expanding ammo I've used. The "Zombie" brand ammo is the same bullet. Any DA well use anything to make you look bad if he was going to prosecute you in a self defense case. Go online and buy Hornady Critical Defense.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts