New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been offered an unissued Yugo for a song and figured what the hell i might as well take it (for as long as we are able to own em at least) im getting it for less than 200 and its barrel and reciever show no signs of damage or use at all

question is, will it be ny legal. it has grenade launcher (with no ring over it)
and a bayonet
the launcher has not been drilled either i checked

i dont plan on changing a thing on it if i drop my dollars on it, its the cleanest sks ive seen outside of a norinco export box

since its a fixed magazine (currently) i assume i have nothing to worry about and can keep it stock (ps it is all original matching serials)

but since the sks has aftermarket mags that can be used as detachable mags. is it considered a rifle with a detachable magazine?????

i know the laws, read em 500 times to make sure i was compliant but never dealt with a gl on a muzzle before, or a rifle which can be configured in multiple ways (norincos are a very different fish to fry)

i have to admit i would not mind being the one to get to break in a sks for first time!

·
Banned
55 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
You only have to worry about 922r compliance if you alter it from its original military configuration.

If its a yugo it has curio & relic status through the ATF. If you alter it you lose that status.

The NY AWB only applies to semi auto rifles capable of accepting detachable magazines. Since the sks is a fixed mag, AWB does not apply. Great price for a nice sounding rifle. Post pics when u get it!!!!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
No you don't. Only the Yugoslav SKS was imported under this title. Definitely a great price, I would buy 2 if I could!!!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No you don't. Only the Yugoslav SKS was imported under this title. Definitely a great price, I would buy 2 if I could!!!!
trust me i know.... i ve never seen one with 100 percent bluing maybe 98 percent only because the buy cycled the bolt a few times.
plus ive wanted a single shot sks for a while and this has the switch

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Don't touch it, not considered an "assault" weapon it is a sporting rifle, DO NOT try to take the launcher off, I doubt you could even find rounds that would fit on it anyway so no one is going to be overly concerned with it, just leave it as is and don't worry about it, the gun nuts don't even know what an SKS is, they are all worked up over AKs, ARs and Glocks since those are the only firearms they think exist.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.