New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading the comments the NEED one comes up a lot. Like, way too much for people that must be able to get themselves dressed in the morning...

This one:

Nobody NEEDS a car that can go over 65MPH! We need to ban these things! Did you know automobiles kill over 30k people a year? There is no reason somebody NEEDS a car that can go 100 miles an hour!

But, you know, the one that somehow make sense to them with the word "gun" in place.

Or this one:

"Assault Weapons" were designed for killing. I don't care how YOU use them, they were designed for killing.

Fun fact: GPS was also designed for killing.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have never hunted before but I own several rifles. I enjoy shooting as a sport not as an "omg I want to kill people" thing.

Shooting an AR with a 30 rd preban vs a 10 rd mag to me, is similar to a motocross rider doing an enduro race vs a regular heat.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never hunted before but I own several rifles. I enjoy shooting as a sport not as an "omg I want to kill people" thing.

Shooting an AR with a 30 rd preban vs a 10 rd mag to me, is similar to a motocross rider doing an enduro race vs a regular heat.
I will NEVER understand the Standard Cap Mag bans. Ever. For the simple reason of reloading. If it takes you one second to reload, you are way too slow. I guess that fact that in nearly every big shooting like this the shooters had to reload and that saved NO ONE deters no one.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I've been trained several ways with reloading. My boss was in the military in whatever country it was he was in. (pretty sure it was austria) and when shooting at his farm he taught me to count your shots and once you're down to your last few rounds you should be reaching for the new magazine and getting ready to reload and while your one hand is off the rifle you use your trigger hand to pull the rifle into your shoulder to help keep it stabilized for those last few rounds.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I could only read as far as the part where he starts defining militia. He did research but nothing on the intent behind the 2A. Or maybe he did but decided to leave out the stuff that went against his argument. That militia bit is really unfortunate, without delving a bit deeper into the meaning behind it, it really does come across as "you can have guns if you're in the military" at first glance.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
He negates a good chunk of his argument by including this in the definition of militia.
"2
: the whole body of able-bodied male citizens declared by law as being subject to call to military service"

I'm pretty sure that I had to register for the draft when I turned 18.

I don't get why people assume that you have to be in a well regulated militia to own firearms. The 2nd Amendment basically says "A trained and prepared militia, because it is necessary for the security of a nation, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." This site explains the second amendment well. http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndmea.html

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nowhere does the 2A say "The right of the militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

It says "The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I will NEVER understand the Standard Cap Mag bans. Ever. For the simple reason of reloading. If it takes you one second to reload, you are way too slow. I guess that fact that in nearly every big shooting like this the shooters had to reload and that saved NO ONE deters no one.
I saw a video yesterday that the Virginia Tech shooter reloaded 15 times. Had he had standard cap mags, it would have added 2 reloads. Fat lotta good that does, huh?

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
I love his argument that an AR15 will fire further with more power than these silly hunting rifles. Apparently, everyone hunts with a .22LR!

To think that I once laughed at this man's jokes... Now I laugh that this man IS a joke.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
After what happened in WW2 ,I never ever thought I would see the day when a Jewish person would voluntarily surrender their arms to the state again. Im at a loss for words . Their motto was ,""We will never forget"" but apparently some of them did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts