New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
3,865 Posts
My browser (Firefox 3.6, I hate the newer ones) one will not display it. Do a copy/paste?

· Registered
3,865 Posts
Wow, there is no way I should have missed that. Off to bed.

· Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry if these links don't work, not sure why. I read these from another site this morning. One is about Bank of America dropping McMillans fianance line, which appears here in this forum on other posts. The other is about Citi-Bank in some cases recently, not allowing credit card purchases of firearms with their credit cards. I've checked the links and they don't seem to work for me either. They still work from the knife site I was on. Don't know why....old dumb guy.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Sorry if these links don't work, not sure why. I read these from another site this morning. One is about Bank of America dropping McMillans fianance line, which appears here in this forum on other posts. The other is about Citi-Bank in some cases recently, not allowing credit card purchases of firearms with their credit cards. I've checked the links and they don't seem to work for me either. They still work from the knife site I was on. Don't know why....old dumb guy.
You can't copy the displayed URLs from another forum because they are truncated for display purposes (as evidenced by the ... in the middle of the URL). You would need to go to the sites and then copy the full URL from your address bar and paste that here.

· Registered
5,312 Posts

· Registered
3,216 Posts
I used a debt and credit card to purchase firearms less than a year ago.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
I used my Bank of America debit card to purchase a handgun today. :)

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Good, now cancel it lol!
yeah I know, burn the crops and start a mob because of one issue BoA has, but I like BoA as a bank. Deposit image ATMs (fan-fu**ing tastic. Turn my CHECKS into CASH any time of the night.), super nice online banking, and for me the fees I have been charged, none, are 1 zillion times better than my last bank. Doesn't mean I support everything they do. :)

· Registered
68 Posts
yeah I know, burn the crops and start a mob because of one issue BoA has, but I like BoA as a bank. Deposit image ATMs (fan-fu**ing tastic. Turn my CHECKS into CASH any time of the night.), super nice online banking, and for me the fees I have been charged, none, are 1 zillion times better than my last bank. Doesn't mean I support everything they do. :)
BOA is no longer fdic insured,,they won't tell you but its the gods honest truth...absolutely no FDIC insurance on your account what so ever...
I dont trust banks that don't know how to manage their money..Ive never owned a credit card for this reason....pay cash my friends or find some one with similar interests and barter. it makes for a better community relationship on a small scale

· Head Fapper
1,219 Posts
So you trust a bank to take care of your money when it can't take care of its own?

MagicCat - Where do you find that BoA is not FDIC insured? You sure you're not thinking of their investment and insurance accounts? No investment and insurance products/accounts are FDIC insured from ANY bank.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Only savings, checking, and other deposit-type accounts (CD's) are FDIC insured. Investments and insurance accounts are never safe; it is possible to wake up one morning and find them el-gone-o.

Bank of America's savings, checking, CD, and other deposit-type accounts are, in deed, FDIC insured. BoA clearly states that insurance and investment programs are NOT FDIC insured, but they are a FDIC member as are any banks that hold customer deposits within the US. Overlapping that statement to savings/checking accounts is incorrect.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/ (scroll down read very bottom of home page)

As for purchasing firearms, the OP drew an incorrect conclusion. Some banks and lending institutions are denying business loans and credit to businesses involved in firearms sales (from the dealer end, which obviously will hurt consumers since the dealers can't buy the firearms to sell), they are not denying consumer purchases of firearms from those businesses. A consumer can purchase almost anything with a credit card (there are a few exceptions - most banks have blocked credit card use with online gambling sites, as well as overseas pharmacies), firearms aren't one of them. You can continue to use your credit cards for firearm purchases as you please.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.