New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Study: You Have 'Near-Zero' Impact on U.S. Policy

A startling new political science study concludes that corporate interests and mega wealthy individuals control U.S. policy to such a degree that "the preferences of the average American appear to have only a minuscule, near-zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy."
Shocker...

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I'd like to see a non-breitbart source interpret this paper when it's finalized, but yeah I kind of noticed this. I do believe that money is the single greatest offense to the democratic ideals of the nation and that the modern US is substantially a plutocracy. Over 50% of congress people are now millionaires. It is a rich man's club of revolving doors between government and lobbying groups, and the facade of friction between democrats and republicans is just that. A true contender against either party will be easily marginalized by the both of them.

Politicians don't care about you because they aren't you. Just as I cannot truly comprehend what life is like being completely destitute without any money or education or any opportunity, so too politicians just cannot understand what life is like for the bulk of their constituents. The rising price of gas or electricity may bother you, but to a rich person of whom the government substantially pulls its numbers, these figures mean nothing at all. Impossible to even feel the pinch of rising food prices when you're worth $3M.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I'd like to see a non-breitbart source interpret this paper when it's finalized, but yeah I kind of noticed this. I do believe that money is the single greatest offense to the democratic ideals of the nation and that the modern US is substantially a plutocracy. Over 50% of congress people are now millionaires. It is a rich man's club of revolving doors between government and lobbying groups, and the facade of friction between democrats and republicans is just that. A true contender against either party will be easily marginalized by the both of them.

Politicians don't care about you because they aren't you. Just as I cannot truly comprehend what life is like being completely destitute without any money or education or any opportunity, so too politicians just cannot understand what life is like for the bulk of their constituents. The rising price of gas or electricity may bother you, but to a rich person of whom the government substantially pulls its numbers, these figures mean nothing at all. Impossible to even feel the pinch of rising food prices when you're worth $3M.
Very well said! Thank you Citizens United decision!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts