New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MANHATTAN - New Yorkers could receive an alert whenever a new gun offender moves into their neighborhood if a bill being introduced in the City Council Thursday gets approved.

The bill would make the NYPD's gun offender registry available to the public in a searchable database where people could sign up to receive an email alert if a gun offender moved into their neighborhood in the hope of reducing the recent rise in shootings citywide.

Under the law, the gun offenders' name and street will be listed along with a recent photograph, a physical description, the date of the gun crime and sentencing information.

You Could Get an Email When a Gun Offender Moves Next Door Under New Bill - Civic Center - DNAinfo.com New York

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
WTF is a gun offender?

Did I offend the S&W500 because I called it fat? The Chiappa Rhino for calling it ugly?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Someone will sue because they were discriminated against. I couldn't get a job, I couldn't get an apartment. I did my time and I'm still being punished. Blah blah blah.

At least it's criminals instead of pistol permit holders this time!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I may not be a gun offender but I sure abuse my new G20

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Someone will sue because they were discriminated against. I couldn't get a job, I couldn't get an apartment. I did my time and I'm still being punished. Blah blah blah.

At least it's criminals instead of pistol permit holders this time!
Says who?

Do you consider people that didn't register their EBRs criminals? I certainly don't.

However, I'll bet the NYPD does, and perhaps a *gasp* GUN OFFENDER.

Better call up the GUN OFFENDER (can't get over that) squad:

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Does vigorously cleaning my Beretta count as molestation? Does that mean I have to register as a gun offender? What will the neighbors say?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
It's a good way to break the ice when you move. It's always nice to sit down and talk guns with the guy next door.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Did not see this post yesterday but heard about this morning over AM radio news only. The FM news stations were to busy playing some trash song that repeats "all about base" go figure.

NYC really needs to form their own little liberal paradise.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Leah Gunn Barrett is an unconvicted prostitute.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I live about 400 miles and about 6 hrs. drive from NYC. We here have nothing in common with NYC as far as a way of life and perceptions go. Yet I am being told what I can and what I can not own. Limit my means of self protection for me and my family. High taxes (unfunded mandates) on and on. But yet I (us) here in WNY have to put up with this constant barrage of stupidity coming from the progressive libtards in NYC. And us citizens in all of upstate NY do not have representation and we are without a voice in Albany. NYC has the power and we are all suffering because of it. Every County in Up State NY except for what? 1 or 2...
Passed resolutions to repeal the unsafe act. And it means nothing.

If FUAC wins this November. In all reality I do not know of any other option, other than to move out of NY.
I like my home/property, My friends, My job. My wifes family lives here.
But what else is a law abiding tax paying guy that wants his freedom and quality of life back to do?

No offence to you guys that are 2A supporters in the NYC area.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I live about 400 miles and about 6 hrs. drive from NYC. We here have nothing in common with NYC as far as a way of life and perceptions go. Yet I am being told what I can and what I can not own. Limit my means of self protection for me and my family. High taxes (unfunded mandates) on and on. But yet I (us) here in WNY have to put up with this constant barrage of stupidity coming from the progressive libtards in NYC. And us citizens in all of upstate NY do not have representation and we are without a voice in Albany. NYC has the power and we are all suffering because of it. Every County in Up State NY except for what? 1 or 2...
Passed resolutions to repeal the unsafe act. And it means nothing.

If FUAC wins this November. In all reality I do not know of any other option, other than to move out of NY.
I like my home/property, My friends, My job. My wifes family lives here.
But what else is a law abiding tax paying guy that wants his freedom and quality of life back to do?

No offence to you guys that are 2A supporters in the NYC area.
A big problem is a lot of people upstate don't vote and just say **** it. Then ***** when these *******s get elected. I hope there is a big turnout of upstaters voting in November. Dick head really twisted some tits and hopefully we can vote his ass out. If he isn't my top priority in life will be to GTFO of NY.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
When your guns are stolen you can look up and see which neighbor it likely was.
I tried dude to pay you a "unannounced" visit the other day but saw you in the front porch dual weilding something that ressembled a black chainsaw but seemed belt fed (idk it was dark) and empty cans of budweiser strewn all around your front porch with a slight aroma of grass all around the property.....i decided to just turn back.

·
Registered
219 Posts
They just don't stop with this bravo sierra, and won't until we are completely disarmed one way or another. If we don't turn the tide soon, I'm out of this **** hole. We need a huge turnover in November or we're pretty much ****ed here in the NY gulag.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts