New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Yankee's opening day1st game in NYC will be in honor of the NewTown Victims & families, and guest speakers. I know the Yankees have always helped great causes out in many ways. I wonder why not Super Storm Sandy victims. I hope it don't turn into aday about Gun Control. MLB asked all 28 openers do the same. Yankees like guns have long ties to my family, hope they don't get used by the Anti's or actively help.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The Yankee's opening day1st game in NYC will be in honor of the NewTown Victims & families, and guest speakers. I know the Yankees have always helped great causes out in many ways. I wonder why not Super Storm Sandy victims. I hope it don't turn into aday about Gun Control. MLB asked all 28 openers do the same. Yankees like guns have long ties to my family, hope they don't get used by the Anti's or actively help.
Choosing who or what to honor is always a tough thing...not sure I see the connection to the NY Yankees or other major league teams..??

Why wouldn't the Chicago teams honor the innocent children needlessly killed by gang violence on their streets..same for LA, NYC, Detroit, etc...if they want to highlight gun violence...personally I would like to see more recognition for the service men and women who have given their lives defending our freedom. Honoring the Newtown victims will end up being political..no matter how well intentioned...frankly the children who perished and their families deserve better.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
This is about the SAFE act.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I see Bloomberg behind this - trying to keep the Newtown tragedy as fresh in people's minds as possible. It's one thing to honor people, it's another to USE them for political purposes. Disgusting...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
ya know, I feel bad for the families at sandy hook but enough already. sandy hook with the president, sandy hook with the safe act, sandy hook with the super bowl, sandy hook for the Yankees. wtf already. why don't people see that they are overdoing it. its obvious they don't care because they are trying so hard to make it look like they care. why don't they go to this extent for all victims?? why are these kids better than every other child victim???

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I am fortunate enough to work for a company that sends me to one one major league ballpark opening day every year. The yankees are not one of our clients but I will be at Citi Field. I can assure you if they do something like that there I will be walking out of the game before it starts.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys life long Yankee Fan, Gun's, and eat what I want when I want. I hope they don't get a Yankee to suport gun Control with Bloomberg or Cuomo throwing out the 1st pitch. I only get little TV time and buy DirecTV for the YES network. If they take the Yanks my Guns nothing left in NY. I think this was a Bloomberg deal MLB said they requested the other 28 openers to do the same. The Rangers should honor Sniper Chris Kyle, listen to his answers to these 10 questiones never will know what great things to come, cuomo & bloomberg could'nt be the man he was.
http://www.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,1368006921001_2103830,00.html

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
April fools?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Choosing who or what to honor is always a tough thing...not sure I see the connection to the NY Yankees or other major league teams..??

Why wouldn't the Chicago teams honor the innocent children needlessly killed by gang violence on their streets..same for LA, NYC, Detroit, etc...if they want to highlight gun violence...personally I would like to see more recognition for the service men and women who have given their lives defending our freedom. Honoring the Newtown victims will end up being political..no matter how well intentioned...frankly the children who perished and their families deserve better.
All of those cities have pretty strict gun laws so there is no gang violence

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
For shame they honor a group of slaughtered children on opening day............... /sarcasm

I don't like where this thread is going.
Correct, for shame. The superbowl "honoring" made me sick already.

Still waiting for the honoring of innocent children killed by drone strikes.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have to believe that by now the folks in Newtown are tired of hearing their town mentioned in the news every single day since that event. There IS an underlying motive here. There are just as many other worthy causes to highlight as others have mentioned, by they are glossed over. Bloomberg and his ilk are working overtime to keep this issue in the forefront.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ya i smell Bloomturd all over this one and Shumer

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Everyone has a cause more worthy. I just hope my favorite sports teams stay out of politics.
I agree play what you get payed to do. They would'nt let players that in off time shoot taget and Hunt push an agenda so why the other way around. Since 2010 MBL had agun ban on players in locker rooms or during spring training. Stick to playing sports. I moment of silents would of been good but opening day honors, and another in July 7th NewTown over 1000 tickets given out to Newtown.
The Exskipper and Yankee Joe Torre will throw out the 1st pitch Great news.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Correct, for shame. The superbowl "honoring" made me sick already.

Still waiting for the honoring of innocent children killed by drone strikes.
Now wait just a GD minute.....I agree this honoring Newtown thing is largely political at this point but to my knowledge no children in the US have killed by drone strikes. What are you talking about?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts