New York Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
GARAGE SALE

For sale Yamaha FZ1
Year 2001
Engine FZ 1000cc exup. R1 Engine and Brakes in a more 'civilized' riding position.
Color Yamaha Blue
Exhaust System Yoshimura 4x1.
Very few miles: 12,857
Mint Condition, maintained with extreme care.
Just had the filter and oil replaced (top quality synthetic always)
Includes quality full bike cover.

Selling due to lack of time to ride it and to free up space in the garage.
Price: 3,850.00

Location Rochester NY. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
805 Posts
If I had the room and an extra $4k laying around, I'd buy that in a heartbeat! That is a very fair price my man! I'll pass this along to all of my riding buddies that this bike is for sale, maybe the word will get around to a possible buyer! ;-)

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
If I had the room and an extra $4k laying around, I'd buy that in a heartbeat! That is a very fair price my man! I'll pass this along to all of my riding buddies that this bike is for sale, maybe the word will get around to a possible buyer! ;-)
Yea nice bike,you could definitely out-run the zombies on that...I would buy it just to park in my living room and look at it,otherwise ide prolly kill myself on it! If this is is here for a while I might just do that.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man. The bike is super clean and lots of fun. It is like having a hyperspace button at your grip. LOL!
I am sad to see it go but the truth is I do not have the time. Last year only rode a couple of days in the entire year so I had to keep
it on a battery tender so the battery would not die. Someone with time to ride will enjoy it a lot more than I.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This bike is a FZ with 20 valves 1000cc exup classic configuration. It goes up by itself w/o even touching the clutch.
It goes from 0 to 60 in the first gear in below 3 seconds if you can hold to it! In 100 yards or so you might go from standing
to 95mph. That is how much torque and power is in that engine.
It has been gently 'squeezed' a few times but never abused with tricks or any other estrange acts.
A friend has the electronic injection more recent version and he says he prefers the response of this 4 carburetor system. Me too.
There is no enough road anywhere in NYS to drive this thing anywhere close to its limits.
I suggest this for someone with some riding experience as the amount of acceleration and braking power is brutal for a beginner.
But at the same time if one is gentle it is a good bike to learn too with plenty of torque and fun to cruise along with a more
civilized position to enjoy the ride vs the R models. I mean I love the R1 but the posture is so aggressive that doesn't make
a lot of sense unless you are in a circuit racing.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
This is a great bike at a great price. This thing can run corners too, it's the civilized R1. Honestly, I can't believe it's not sold. GLWS!

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is a great bike at a great price. This thing can run corners too, it's the civilized R1. Honestly, I can't believe it's not sold. GLWS!
Thanks. To be honest I have mixed emotions about selling the bike. It is like when I decide to sell a firearm but I must remain strong.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do you have this up on any bike forums? I have an R1 and an R6, and both main forums for those tend to sell bikes real quick, especially at a low price for a mint machine like yours.

And there's plenty of good roads for me to stretch out both of my bikes..just aim for the mountains.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.