New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
It's great how some of his classmates also wore the same shirt to show unity. That teacher that started all the crap needs a severe reprimand.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
It was the teacher's fault!! There is NOTHING in the dress code that states that NRA or shirts with pictures of guns couldn't be worn! Nowhere is it in there!! This kid and those whom showed support for him just did us a HUGE FAVOR!! Showing that we are NOT criminals and that guns do NOT represent violence .... which is EXACTLY what the teacher's view is and honestly, if the teacher can publicly do this with no problem, they are oviously against the Constitution and as such should be tried for treason!!! Wouldn't that be something??

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ahh Civil Disobedience truly brings a smile to my face in the morning :) Hats off to Jared for having the balls to stand up for what he believes in at such a young age.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I wouldn't be shocked if the school changes the dress code rules to include pictures of guns not allowed. What a wonderful world this has become.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I wouldn't be shocked if the school changes the dress code rules to include pictures of guns not allowed. What a wonderful world this has become.
Thanks, now I have to play me some Louie.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
The teacher should be suspended without pay until this is resolved, then sued by the school board for deprivation of civil rights. I don't understand why he was arrested!?! Maybe the police officers should suffer the same fate as suggested for the teacher. The folks in that town should send a strong message while people are still listening. If I understand things correctly, this kid will be tagged for life. Any job or school application, he will have to answer "YES" to the question "have you ever been arrested". Yeah, he can apply to the court to have it expunged, but these records that are suppose to be expunged sure do show up a lot in news stories.
Robin

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
This was the stupidest reason ever to have a student suspended and arrest. I guess in that teachers class room you are not allowed to have a different opinion than him. Glad to see there is support from the community in the students favior.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
It's amazing how some people can just lose their **** when their authority is questioned, especially when they are in the wrong.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
It's great how some of his classmates also wore the same shirt to show unity. That teacher that started all the crap needs a severe reprimand.
Actually I think that teacher deserves a hell of alot worse than a reprimand. I want the NRA to throw money behind this kid, sue the teacher and school district. Anyone involved in the decision making process has to be held accountable. I would like the NRA to step in and DESTROY that teachers life. Bankrupt that SOB and start to make an example out of these left wing loons.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
"DESTROY" someone's life and career because they made a mistake and didn't handle a situation properly. Was this kids life ruined, of course not?

·
Registered
310 Posts
"DESTROY" someone's life and career because they made a mistake and didn't handle a situation properly. Was this kids life ruined, of course not?
Unless they officially revoke the suspension and expunge all record of it they have permanently affected the student's life -- that suspension will show on his records when applying to college.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Unless they officially revoke the suspension and expunge all record of it they have permanently affected the student's life -- that suspension will show on his records when applying to college.
....and a google search will clear it right up.
Please, who has been denied admission to college because they were suspended for 1 day??
I know what your getting at but the punishment of destroying someones life doesn't fit the crime of calling the cops.

·
Registered
310 Posts
....and a google search will clear it right up.
Please, who has been denied admission to college because they were suspended for 1 day??
I know what your getting at but the punishment of destroying someones life doesn't fit the crime of calling the cops.
I agree ruining the teacher's life is a bit much, but that suspension WILL hurt admission to highly competitive colleges, and the teacher deserves a comparable blemish on his record that will restrict his job choices equivalently, if the suspension remains.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts