Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Qsee QSD2308L DVR & CAMERA SET

Condition is NEW.

DVR unit has never been used nor opened. The 8 cameras were never used either, nor any of the connections or peripherals. Box containing the cameras was opened to verify contents at the time of purchase ONLY.
ALL original paperwork, 60ft of wiring per camera, mounts and hardware ARE included with this sale. Each camera has a 30ft viewing distance and are both day/night capable.

I s
imply dont have the time or will to install this system.

Asking $500 shipped in the CONUS

Accepted payments include : USPS MO, Bank Check, Certified Check.

QSEE DVR

Product Model Number: QSD2308L
Overview:

Quality you can see and experience at an affordable price. This 8 channel DVR features remote Internet monitoring and mobile surveillance through cell phones with WinCE and Symbian OS on 3G networks. The H.264 compression allows for maximum storage and little loss of quality, while recording video on to a hard drive. It can simultaneously display live footage, record, playback, connect via network, and back-up without any recording loss.

Q-See's Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) are designed to manage multiple cameras, and enable users to view, record and playback recorded video locally or over the Internet. This DVR supports up to 8 cameras, and can be integrated into your current security system. With Q-See, surveillance can be handled remotely - Worldwide.

Here are the ports on the back of the DVR;

VIDEO OUT Connect to monitor
SPOT OUT
AUDIO IN 4-channels audio input
S-VIDEO S-Video output, connect to monitor
PS/2 port Connect PS/2 mouse
USB MOUSE port Only for USB mouse
RJ45 port Connect to internet
VGA port VGA output, connect to monitor
ALARM IN Connect to external sensor 1-8.
ALARM OUT/PTZ
Relay output 1-4. Connect to external input
POWER INPUT DC 12V
COM port For debugging
AUDIO OUT Audio output, connect to speakers
VIDEO IN 8 Video inputs for cameras

Details on cameras:
Q-See QD28414W Outdoor 3.6mm Color CCD 420TVL Camera - 30ft Night Vision, Sony CCD image sensor at TigerDirect.com

DVR Manual:
http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/Q-SEE_QSD2308L

Material property Font Gas Rectangle Nickel Tableware Drinkware Liquid Barware Stemware

Electrical wiring Gas Wood Cable Wire Font Rectangle Technology Label Electric blue

Packing materials Wood Package delivery Rectangle Gadget

CROSS POSTED

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Two questions:

1. Are the cams wireless, or is everything wired?

2. Are they indoor/outdoor?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Not to answer for the OP but I have a similar 4 channel q-see. The cameras use BNC connectors, cabled. The cables also have pigtails, on the dvr end it connects to a power source.

The bundled cameras I can't find good specs on. They probably have night vision and are outdoor but they are fixed iris/focus. This is a limitation I found out about the hard way, "limitation" depends on your use of course. The 320gb drive with 8 channels fairly low capacity, it will store your footage for 3-4 days depending on frames per second and resolution. The drive is easily swappable for a bigger drive in case you were wondering, an upgrade more required than optional for most users.

Added---
F' wireless IMO. You still need power to the camera so to me wireless is kinda pointless. JMHO of course.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Not to answer for the OP but I have a similar 4 channel q-see. The cameras use BNC connectors, cabled. The cables also have pigtails, on the dvr end it connects to a power source.

The bundled cameras I can't find good specs on. They probably have night vision and are outdoor but they are fixed iris/focus. This is a limitation I found out about the hard way, "limitation" depends on your use of course. The 320gb drive with 8 channels fairly low capacity, it will store your footage for 3-4 days depending on frames per second and resolution. The drive is easily swappable for a bigger drive in case you were wondering, an upgrade more required than optional for most users.

Added---
F' wireless IMO. You still need power to the camera so to me wireless is kinda pointless. JMHO of course.
ThinkGeek :: Wireless Extension Cords

·
Registered
672 Posts
"Warning: Even though these microwaves are about as harmful as the leakage from an ordinary microwave oven (not much), do not put computers, televisions, other sensitive electrical equipment, food, liquids, paper, glass, flammable substances, magnets, or living things in between the base and satellite units. Just in case."

LMAO, freaky stuff. I'll pass personally, I have enough mental quirks without adding another frequency flowing around me. ;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
672 Posts
I tried a zmodo DVR after I had my q-see running well for the hell of it and their crap software just would not work on a mobile client. I can set things up but it would not stream. So back to my q-see it was as I love being able to use my iPhone to check up on the house. It's interesting to see some of the stuff that goes on you'd have no clue about without a cam system, at least in my hood. 8/

Motion just was too sensitive on mine to be usable (no matter how I set it), it would see a bug or something and kick on. LOL
A 1-2TB drive is a simple swap and to me it's a no brainer if you want a decent setup. The DVR is the key here and you can expand storage and/or upgrade to variable cameras as needed. If anyone has q-see questions feel free to ask away...I've tinkered alot with mine. :)

GLWS by the way, forgot to say that.

Added---
http://www.apexcctv.com/c-83-varifocal-auto-iris.aspx
Potential buyers...look at this link to see what coverage a 3.6mm will provide at 10, 30 and 50 feet. I would think the kit comes with 4 wide angle and 4 standard, no?

·
Registered
740 Posts
GLWS, this is a pretty darn good price for the system. I just setup a 4 camera system for a client, and he paid $50 less for his system (not including install).

·
Registered
672 Posts
GLWS, this is a pretty darn good price for the system. I just setup a 4 camera system for a client, and he paid $50 less for his system (not including install).
Some DVR don't have VGA out as a side note. This one does so you can hook it to any standard computer monitor. Many people have a monitor with DVI and VGA so they could use DVI to their computer and have the 2nd input be VGA with the DVR attached.

What's your specialty, general computer or security type stuff?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Im a Consultant/Network Admin type guy that has some other specialties with video conferencing, digital signage, etc and have worked with some of these security camera systems. Basically, I get into everything but the programming end of things.

·
Registered
495 Posts
A side note. Storage can go out quite a bit depending upon how recording is setup. Motion or schedule is the key here. Outdoor cameras and programming them to motion can leave you with a ton of clips and wasted recording space. Also if you program for motion and schedule you'll essentially be double recording thus wasting the little space you have. Lastly, 320gb isn't terrible. Keep in mind the more cameras used the more data is used up. You don't have to use all the cameras either. good luck!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hunt CCTV - Storage Calculator

Storage needs depend heavily on the FPS, quality/resolution of video you're saving etc... The motion feature on lower end DVR seem to not do so hot in residential at least, I've seen this personally with q-see brand and zmodo as well. I masked off my driveway and after doinking with the sensitivity it still triggers when the sun/clouds shift etc... If yall have any suggestions or ideas for my masking to work better for motion I'm all ears, I'd love it to work better. Please PM though...I don't want to hijack this thread on the seller.

I would think dealing with no less than 15FPS, more likely 20 or 30FPS and dealing with D1 quality will eat that 320gb up. Here again, if yall have settings suggestions I'm all ears. And good point about not needing to have all 8 24x7 recording to save on space.

Didn't know we had so many cam guys on the forum...cool stuff. :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Also a side note, many DVR systems have more room for additional hard drives or you can upgrade whats in them. 99% of them just use a regular computer hard drive. Some even allow you to add an external drive to up capacity even more.

Looking through the info on this one, it will support up to 2 SATA hard drives, and can be upgraded, so you could add a bunch more space for not much more money.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.