New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched on this and didnt find anything but thought wouldnt hurt to ask here. I am wondering if there ever was a receiver that had the Wounded Warriors logo etched in it? A very good friend, was hurt in Iraq and I am wanting to possibly build him an AR and was hoping that there was a receiver with the logo etched in it, to add something meaningful.

I have already boughten the ERGO WWP rail covers for it.

I've also thought about trying to get a hold of WWP and seeing if it would be possible if I could just use the logo and get it milled on one of my receivers.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Very cool idea. I believe on of the users on NYF does custom engraving. Pics of some of his work looked awesome. Believe he goes by RVano but somebody else can chime in if that's wrong. I'd contact him to see if this is something he might do. Good luck.

· Registered
813 Posts
Very cool idea. I believe on of the users on NYF does custom engraving. Pics of some of his work looked awesome. Believe he goes by RVano but somebody else can chime in if that's wrong. I'd contact him to see if this is something he might do. Good luck.
That is his name cg, and I believe this is his web site VanOstrand Metal - Roycroft Copper click on the blog link

· Registered
2,534 Posts
WWP... that would be the anti~gun group would it not?

Last line of paragraph 1 on thier own 'supporters guidelines' page (link)

When organizing a fundraiser or event to benefit Wounded Warrior Project™ (WWP), please bear in mind we do not support any fundraiser that is of a sexual, political, religious nature, or exchange of firearms or alcohol

Do note that some folks who own/operate gun shops etc. have queried about sponsoring and having WWP link on thier site.
They have been denied a link due to the business they are in, and were also told that WWP would be more than happy to take thier money if it was donated 'from a private individual rather than a firearms related business'

**** them.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
If it was, I seriously doubt it was actually with thier blessing and more along the lines of shop X picking the first cool and/or more common logo they could find online with no actual research into it.
(after all, its a non~profit charity, so its gotta be good. you know, like the Catholic church of the inquisition era...)

After a show aired it would be a little late for them to throw a hissy and certainly not good for publicity if they did.
More along the lines of shut up about the details and take the free publicity.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
You might find some place that silk screens, and laser etching isn't out of the question either.

A machine shop with a skilled programmer and CNC mill could make an excellent engraving, but likely well beyond budgetary constraints unless you happen to stumble across a softy.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
WWP... that would be the anti~gun group would it not?

Last line of paragraph 1 on thier own 'supporters guidelines' page (link)

When organizing a fundraiser or event to benefit Wounded Warrior Project™ (WWP), please bear in mind we do not support any fundraiser that is of a sexual, political, religious nature, or exchange of firearms or alcohol

Do note that some folks who own/operate gun shops etc. have queried about sponsoring and having WWP link on thier site.
They have been denied a link due to the business they are in, and were also told that WWP would be more than happy to take thier money if it was donated 'from a private individual rather than a firearms related business'

**** them.
Wow, really surprised to hear this. But are they really anti gun or is it just that they don't take a position either way? It does say an "exchange of firearms" which I read as they won't support an event were guns are being bought and sold (or given away). Another section of the FAQs has this:

WWP is a non-partisan organization, and we don't take a stance on the war. We believe that regardless of your politics or beliefs, the men and women in our nation's military have made tremendous personal sacrifices on our behalf, and deserve our respect and any assistance we can provide. It's about the WARRIOR, not the WAR.

I've always thought this was a great organization supporting our troops who need it most.

· Registered
2,099 Posts

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You might find some place that silk screens, and laser etching isn't out of the question either.
Do you think Silk screening could hold up on a receiver?

then get a purple heart engraved.
Wow, that is an awesome idea, more so that the WWP idea... I could even have his rank above the heart and name below it... Hmm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.