New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't even know where to begin.

I went to trade in my Prius in order to lease a Corolla. We agreed on 8500 on my trade in and 20300 on the corolla.

1. They refused to give me back my equity in cash. They tried to force me to put it into the lease.

2. I never leased before and asked for full disclosure of all fees and they did not tell me about the acquisition and disposition.

3. I get to signing and they wanted me to sign the lease on an electronic keypad on the computer WITHOUT SEEING THE CONTRACT.

4. They had changed the contract price of the car from the agreed upon 20350 to 21850 and told me the 1500 they added was a lease fee.

I walked away from the deal and called Toyota corporate to file a complaint. Later that day I receive a call back from the "Owner/Manager" asking me what I wanted and why I called the 1800 Toyota number. I told him to file a complaint. He called me a whiny little bitch.

I don't think anything will come of it but I called and left a message with the corporate executive office, and the regional manager. I am also leaving a BBB report and writing a letter to Mr Yuki Funo the USA chief executive officer.

The good news is I went to KIA in Oneonta and closed on a Forte today! So much nicer than the Corolla cheaper and better warranty!

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I don't even know where to begin.

I went to trade in my Prius in order to lease a Corolla. We agreed on 8500 on my trade in and 20300 on the corolla.

1. They refused to give me back my equity in cash. They tried to force me to put it into the lease.

2. I never leased before and asked for full disclosure of all fees and they did not tell me about the acquisition and disposition.

3. I get to signing and they wanted me to sign the lease on an electronic keypad on the computer WITHOUT SEEING THE CONTRACT.

4. They had changed the contract price of the car from the agreed upon 2030 to 21800 and told me the 1500 they added was a lease fee.

I walked away from the deal and called Toyota corporate to file a complaint. Later that day I receive a call back from the "Owner/Manager" asking me what I wanted and why I called the 1800 Toyota number. I told him to file a complaint. He called me a whiny little bitch.

I don't think anything will come of it but I called and left a message with the corporate executive office, and the regional manager. I am also leaving a BBB report and writing a letter to Mr Yuki Funo the USA chief executive officer.

The good news is I went to KIA in Oneonta and closed on a Forte today! So much nicer than the Corolla cheaper and better warranty!
Share the name of the dealer! F em. I don't lease cars. I drive them until the wheels fall off. Leases seem to be a bit confusing.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I think you did the right thing. It seems they are smooth operators over there. The BBB is a joke so do not even bother. Scalate within toyota. Most car manufactures have advanced CRM systems and take customer complaints seriously.
Toyotas and lexus are very good cars though. Some models are built here in the USA.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
That sucks, but doesn't speak for all of Oneonta. I say that because I had the best, only, car buying experience at Flagpole Nissan of Oneonta. Went out of their way to make a sale on a car that wasn't going to make them much money. Kept checking up and fixed a few small, unseen, problems for free when they didn't have to. Flawless Jeep Liberty.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks, but doesn't speak for all of Oneonta. I say that because I had the best, only, car buying experience at Flagpole Nissan of Oneonta. Went out of their way to make a sale on a car that wasn't going to make them much money. Kept checking up and fixed a few small, unseen, problems for free when they didn't have to. Flawless Jeep Liberty.
I love Oneonta and have never had a bad experience there besides this. Losies gun shop is awesome ;)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you did the right thing. It seems they are smooth operators over there. The BBB is a joke so do not even bother. Scalate within toyota. Most car manufactures have advanced CRM systems and take customer complaints seriously.
Toyotas and lexus are very good cars though. Some models are built here in the USA.
I hope something comes of it. I will follow up with what they said. EOB Monday should receive a response.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I can tell you for a fact that corporate does care and that the dealer will have some explaining to do. I worked for a dealer for a while and can vouch for corporate contacting the dealership about any and all complaints.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think you did the right thing until you bought the Kia. Hope something gets done about the Toyota dealer but something tells me nothing will come of it. I applaud you trying though.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you did the right thing until you bought the Kia. Hope something gets done about the Toyota dealer but something tells me nothing will come of it. I applaud you trying though.
KIA was cheaper and has more features. It is a lease so I will never have to worry about maintenance issues.

·
Registered
239 Posts
KIA was cheaper and has more features. It is a lease so I will never have to worry about maintenance issues.
If its a lease then I guess that's ok. I was hoping you didn't purchase since it will be worth nothing when you go to trade it in. At least the Toyota would have decent trade in value.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Hmmm, you like guns & you live in America but yet you were going to lease a Jap Car & then you lease a Korean Car? So you like having a US Constitution but you don't support American companies?

I don't care if they have a factory and "build" them here--the profits go back to their motherland!

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Hmmm, you like guns & you live in America but yet you were going to lease a Jap Car & then you lease a Korean Car? So you like having a US Constitution but you don't support American companies?

I don't care if they have a factory and "build" them here--the profits go back to their motherland!
Who would you rather support? A room full of blue-collar Americans or a handful of bailout-taking fatcats?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
He really called you a whiny little b***h?

If so, that is insane.

Also, my dad had a bad leasing experience in the past and said that he would never lease a car again.

·
Super Moderator
3,242 Posts
We just traded a 2010 Forte in. You will like the Forte, great little car. We had zero issues with ours, just normal maintenance items.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
He really called you a whiny little b***h?

If so, that is insane.

Also, my dad had a bad leasing experience in the past and said that he would never lease a car again.
That he called you names after getting blown in to the corporate level shows that either he doesn't care about keeping his job, or he is a flaming idiot. Or both. So much for customer service.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts

When American manufacturers are able to provide the same durability as the imports, then you can preach. So many American cars are cheap junk that they just aren't worth the money.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts