New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here have extensive knowledge on them? I just found on in my grandather's attic. It measures 67", but has no markings on it at all. I should have pics up soon. Thanks for your help!

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
It was not strung when I found it, and it has not been painted over.
I'm an old precompound bow guy. Show a pic and measure the length of the bow and maybe we can help identify it.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
If you have a pic it would be nice to see.
My son wants a long bow but I think a recurve bow is a lot easier to get started in the art, what do you think?
He is 14 and 140lbs already so I think he can manage some lbs. but I want him also to be accurate and build confidence.
BTW I know close to nothing about bows.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have both a compound and a recurve, honestly it really depends like a gun on fit and feel. Take him to the store (preferably an archery shop) and have him try them on and see what suits him. Most stores have ranges to test out your bow. If you need anything while not an expert I have been around it for a bit you can always PM me.

·
Registered
725 Posts
It's been years since I've shot my bows, but I would think a compound is your best bet for a new shooter. Having that lower hold weight gives them more time to concentrate on their aim without stuggling to hold a recurve or long bow. When I was learning I was an OK shot. I bought a compound and I was hitting everything i shot at. Just my opinion and we all know about those, they are like @$$holes, everyone has one and they usually stink!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts