New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to help a relative and keep my shooting frosty I am going out on Easter morning and will be helping to clear the fields of some pesky woodchucks.

I can't make a decision as to what rifle I want to bring so I will be tagging along my PTR-91/MSG-91 and my AK-74.

I will try to take some photos and will post a follow-up later tomorrow night when I get back in town. Should be a fun time and I have been looking forward to it all week! I will be using some L2A2 Radway Green FMJ in the PTR and WOLF 53 gr. FMJ in the 74. Scopes are a POSP 6x42mm on the 74 and a Leupold Mark 2 4-12x40 on the PTR.

Till then here is some eye candy of the girls I'll be taking out :D

·
Registered
538 Posts
:whistle:..... BANG!

have fun man!

·
Registered
405 Posts
definitely wont be any woodchuck left (from experience anyways)...

if I want to see what is left, i use a 22-250 or my 223....

the ptr just obliterates them....

more "poof" and red spray then...

good luck

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the woodchucks were either smart or the stupid squirrels told every animal in earshot that I was out there.

It wasn't a total waste though; after 1.5 hours or so of sitting in wait and nothing popping its head out of the hedges I set up a piece a railway tie and took some shots at it from about 500m (was on the far side of the next field over, didn't have any range finder so that was just an estimate but is probably +/- 50m).

Shooting prone my rounds were pretty much right on target ;)

That PTR is such a great gun and fun to lob rounds down range with.

Now that I found a new home for some distance shooting I am planning on putting together a hanging target and sitting out there and stretching my legs out. From one area I can shoot across 4 fields of distance which is probably close to a click. I am limited to around 1,200m though with my current set-up though I doubt I will be taking any shots over 900m.

Can't wait to get out there again when I am out that way :D

·
Super Moderator
3,229 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts