New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, wife and I were finally able to have a civil conversation about moving in the next years or 2. When we first got togthere it was, lets move asap for both of us ( I have 2 kids iwth a previos wife that keep me here), recently it was, me saying were need to move when Katie and Teddy are finished wiht HS, which is 6 years away, and she was ok with that, after jan 15th it was we need to move june 30th, 2014 and she was blah blah blah blah and I was, I'm going with or with out you and she was louder blah blah blah amd I beat my chest and said the decision is final, were are moving june 30th 2014. and we haven't talked about it first. So brought it up again today and asked her why she was against moving and she said she isn't, she just wants to make sure I have a job (shouldn't be a problem) and we have enought monies saved up so we can pay for the move and she can go a few months wiht out working. She is on board with SC, GA, TN, KY and possible Fl but not Tx, which I'm fine with. So, won't be buying a motorcycle, ammo, guns, beer, cigars, guitars etc till I move , I want $15-20K saved up, but, at least I can see the light. Ok, I'll be buying less of the small stuff, but no big ticket items.:eek:

· Registered
1,758 Posts
Good!

· Registered
2,719 Posts
Houses here are cheap, everywhere else they are not. Florida is actually pretty close but I have been working on my wife for a year to consider moving there. So many foreclosures if you have the money to take advantage of.

· Banned
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Houses here are cheap, everywhere else they are not. Florida is actually pretty close but I have been working on my wife for a year to consider moving there. So many foreclosures if you have the money to take advantage of.
I liked one on the higher end that was 20 year old 2700 sq ft on .9 acres for $150,000 with $1400/year in taxes, here the same set up wold be over $300,000 and $10K in taxes. I do my home work.

· Registered
537 Posts
I'm glad you and your wife came to be on the same page. Your a smart man to save the cash before you move. You never know, new job might be bad and you have to change, new house might mean new problems you didn't foresee.

Good luck, I hope someday to follow your lead, but family keeps us here for now.

· Registered
1,776 Posts
We will be moving also. I am looking at the jobs outside the state every day. I have a tempting offer coming anyday now, the only problem it is still in this state. It is the manager of the Syracuse Air Traffic Control Tower. It is a promotion, but I don't know if I want to stay in NYS. I have a lot of thinking to do. The comment my wife says when I say let's move she says, how soon!

· Registered
418 Posts
My wife is ready to go as well. Texas is high on my list and she likes hot weather so she is all for it.

· Registered
1,004 Posts
Good luck my friend.......it's all that has been on my mind all night. Had my taxes done, and was literally sick to my stomach. This state has nothing to offer anymore.....we just go to work to pay for healthcare and taxes. Now throw in all the Cuomo bullsh*t, and what is left?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.