New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm buying my first shotgun for deer hunting season this year and have decided to go with the 870 Express Slug Gun (12 Gauge). I do have a few questions about buying them though. I don't really want to go to Bass Pro/Gander Mountain/Dicks as it seems as though they'd be the higher priced stores. Are there any other places in the Syracuse area to pick one up at a decent price? I'd also be interested in a store that sells used shotguns if possible. The last question I have is regarding the Remington factory in Illion, NY. I thought I read somewhere that a member here, or possibly on another forum, bought a gun directly from Remington at the factory. If this is possible, are they only sold at MSRP?

All in all I'm just trying to pick up a 870 Express for deer season (rifles illegal in Onondaga) for a decent price and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

· Registered
2,197 Posts
Well, you guys have Herb Phillipsons in the Syracuse area. No used guns, but decent prices on new guns.
Aside from them, I don't know any other firearms stores in the Syracuse area, so that's all the help I can offer.

· Registered
658 Posts
Try Ra-Lin's (GEM Sports)

I have bought a few used guns from them over the years. They are good guys in there.

· Registered
358 Posts
Dick's is another good choice if your looking at price point. Keep in mind stores like that buy in huge volume and offer very good sales. Asmall shop generally can't meet the price as they can't get the volume discount the big stores do.

· Registered
2,197 Posts
Supposedly anything to do with firearms, like accessories and such, but I see listings for stuff sometimes. I think they rely on people to report the listings, so if nobody does, it stays.

· Registered
626 Posts
Herbs is the place to go for CNY people.
They have a ton of different style guns. Pump action and single shot. Different stocks, companies etc. They are cheaper than dicks by far. Gander mountain..its debateable. I got my 12ga and 20ga both used from Henrietta Gander Mtn. Works good. But, I'd say herbs on rt 57 in liverpool before Gander mtn in cicero.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.