New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so heres the deal, i won a Raffle at Otisco Lake Rod and Gun, for a Rock River Arms elite operator 2 ar-15(value$1100) or $1000 in store credit at Tims Guns in ELbridge. I assume the credit is limited to what they have on hand, but havent talked to them yet, i plan on going Saturday. I cant tell you how psyched i was when i found out about it.

I already own 5 AR15s, so if you were me would you take the ar15 or go for the store credit, if the store credit what would you want and why. My inclination is if i do the credit i am looking at an M&P, XD, or Glock in 9mm for starters. I have enough 1911's.

What say you.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
take the ar (assuming its new) and sell it to someone for 1000$ .... then take that money walk into the same store you could have had the credit for and i bet your cash will go farther because its greenbacks and not store credit.

store will bend over backwords for cash and we all know it including often drops in price.... when you use a gift certificate its not quite the same

but the real question here is....
why not 6 ar's?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Depends on what you have already. I personally wouldn't go for another AR, don't know what you have handgun wise but I love my glock 19 and 26. Have been thinking about a PPQ myself. Could buy a gun and ammo, or loading components if you reload. Options are limitless and all depends on your situation, wants, and needs.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Depends on what you have already. I personally wouldn't go for another AR, don't know what you have handgun wise but I love my glock 19 and 26. Have been thinking about a PPQ myself. Could buy a gun and ammo, or loading components if you reload. Options are limitless and all depends on your situation, wants, and needs.
good point with 1000 in store credit you could buy enough equipment to reload most of all your calibers . that could save your money every year depending on how and what you shoot

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
1000 store credit is the way to go. This way you can grab some ammo to feed you AR and grab other goodies.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I second the motion to take the AR, give someone decent deal and sell for 1000 and then you can spend it however you like, but give the store first dibs and if they can't cut you a deal you like or don't have a firearm you want, you can actually take cash somewhere else. Just try to support local small gun shops with it.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Well you do not really know what you do not know. Go to the store and see if they find something you might want.
Otherwise the RRA is a great system.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Load up on ammo and mags if they have decent prices... After that I would take the AR as stated and sell it... Good luck with your choice...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Store credit! No way I'd dump $1000 into an AR. My choice would be an AK and a case of ammo to go with it for the grand.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Tims has a big selection of all the pistols you are interested in. You shouldn't have any problems. Ask for Dennis to get you squared away.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Take the credit and buy what you want. $1000 can go a long way. Get two instead of one.
Nobody is going to pay $1000 cash for it second hand even if its unfired.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Congrats! Take the credit and buy ammo, then be one of the few here that actually go out and shoot to learn on a regular basis.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only 5 ARs? Pfftttt. Enough 1911s? Double pfffttthhhh.

Must realy suck to have such problems ;)
Well, you can never really have enough, its like a woman with her shoes, more is better, but i was thinking of diversifying.

Thanks for the good news Marc.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I'll make it easy for you - just give me the gift certificate and you can stop pondering which prize to get!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts