New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
698 Posts
My wife is in the process of getting her ccw~ Something sexy about a woman with a gun! lol

· Registered
491 Posts
We've had a few stabbings here local, at the Wally World's, needless to say the wife is getting her CCW as well. And I'm making sure she has enough pistol choices so that she will never leave the house without one.

· Registered
3,441 Posts
It was a good artricle except you are not getting unrestricted in at least 3 of the 4 Counties documented in the article, not sure what Rennselaer does??? At least the Schenectady County judge has some guidelines. Whether they are acceptable to all or not he has an agenda that is not completely ridiculous.

· Registered
9,138 Posts
I have noticed more and more women coming into buy guns, and boy, they do their research. They know more about what they want than most of the guys that come in. I have also noticed more women getting unrestricted from the start than men in Erie County. I say keep it up, more gun owners, regardless of sex, the better for all of us.

· Registered
4,733 Posts
Guys. And I mean just the guys on here. All the jokes and funny sayings can make it tough for women to break the ice and get into shooting. We may think it's funny, but it's not as funny to them. Some take it very lightly, some take those sayings and jokes pretty seriously. In the women's programs we provide, you would be surprised at what they tell us!

Instead of making a joke, or telling her to buy that small, tiny, 'ladies gun', support her and let her know that you really do think it's cool for her to get involved. Let HER go learn about guns and then get the one SHE is perfect for.

The other mistakes? One of the biggest is guys buying women guns. It does not work. It's the same approach as you buying her a bowling ball drilled for your fingers. Unless you have extensive experience as a woman, or know how to fit a gun to one, do not buy, suggest, or even sell a gun to her. We have found that a large majority of women that come to us have the wrong gun. How did they get it? Their hubby/boyfriend/gun salesman, who did not know how to properly fit a gun, got it or sold it to them. There should be a rule that unless you have the experience in fitting guns, you cannot advise or sell one. LOL

I developed the women's training division for just that purpose. To dispel the myths and fallacies of women and guns. We have three primary classes that are specifically for women and they are solid, popular, programs. I have advised many gun sales people on fitment and the differences that women face when selecting guns. There is a difference.

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Well Dave... there was a woman selling cast iron frying pans just outside of the hall where you were set up in Syracuse last weekend...

But in all seriousness I'm all for women with guns... friend of mine from school is a manager at a high-end steakhouse on Long Island. About a year ago - they were robbed the night she was off... the armed robbers took the safe, forced the manager into her car at gun point, and took off. They eventually let her go... but as we all know, these types of stories usually have unhappy endings.

So I tell my friend, ya know - 24 hours later and that would have been you - and that your co-worker is very lucky to be alive... and if she were armed, she would have been 100% justified in terminating the threat to her life at any point during the ordeal. But my friend has no interest in guns whatsoever and continues to close the restaurant late at night in an area that I once worked in as a security guard at a nearby movie theater (I'd give girls working there rides home if they didn't have any after closing up).

Turns out it was an inside job - dishwashers from Mexico. They're doing 12-15 years now I believe.

When I was in Tampa on business last year - the rental range I was killing time at turned out to be ladies night (women don't pay for range time) one night I was there shooting. Let's just say it was well attended.

But back to girls with guns... I can watch this all day long...

· Registered
4,733 Posts
How bout we post vids and or pics with good gun handling and good practices???

Frying pans are great weapons! Don't knock em Ness!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.