New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the ladies.... we have air pistol, pistol, rifle, shotgun, kayaking, bow and more!..... Choose any 4 classes.
GREAT DAY! Lunch is One Eyed Jack's chicken & pulled pork with all the trimmings.
There will be a bird banding demonstration as well.
The cost is $60 - and all you have to bring is yourself! (pistol shooters must bring their own pistol, ammo, and their permit) Ammo is generously supplied through a grant from the FNRA.

Held at North Forest Rod & Gun Club in Lockport (Buffalo area) Oct 4

I'm having trouble attaching the flyer, so please just PM me for it.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Can I come? Women who like guns and kayaks?!? Sounds like my kinda women. :cute:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The flyer is too big to upload, but here's a list of available classes:

Archery Compound Bow (Ed Belbas) NYSDEC Certified Bow Instructor

Ed will explain safe bow handling and teach you to shoot compound bows, just like Robin Hood! (or in our case, Maid Marian)

Archery Crossbow (Chris Schotz) Wilson Conservation Club
Chris & his team will be demonstrating and instructing you with his expertise on the crossbow using a scope site.

Air Pistol (Doug Boris) NF R&G Club
Learn safe pistol handling and the fundamentals of pistol shooting, along with several different hand held positions, using an air pistol, taught by NRA Certified Instructor Doug Boris

Basic Shotgun Certified instructors of NF R&G Club
Learn safe gun handling of shotgun shooting, taught by NRA Certified Instructors of our own North Forest Rod & Gun Club. Seize the moment, and take the opportunity to try something you might never have done before! It's a HOOT. Just ask the NFR&G/Shoot & Hoot Gals.

I have my Pistol Permit, now what? (Jim Emmick) President of Firearms Training of Western NY (PM)
Jim will walk you through the proper techniques of handling, loading & safely shooting your pistol. He will also cover some concealed carry laws and answer questions you may have. ** YOUR PISTOL PERMIT, UNLOADED PISTOL AND 2 BOXES OF STORE BOUGHT AMMUNITION FOR YOUR PISTOL IS REQUIRED FOR CLASS. PLEASE BRING ONLY YOUR PERMIT TO CHECK-IN.

Basic Rifle (Larry Koch) NYSDEC Master Instructor NFR&G Club

Larry will explain the basics of rifle shooting and then have you shooting rifles from different positions.

Kayaking (Todd Finley) Oak Orchard Canoe & Kayak
Todd, a Certified Kayak instructor, will demonstrate the peaceful side of the sport of kayaking .

Tai Chi ( JudyAnne Bonafede & Phyllis Lobbins) The Schoolhouse Wellness Center (AM)
Come take an introduction to the ancient art of Tai Chi. The slow movements and subtle balance shifts promote good health and regulates the flow of Chi (life energy force). In today's stressful world, this impact-free exercise has a much needed calming effect. Learn why millions of people are practicing this today.

Yoga (Laura Igoe/Kim Davison) Igo2yoga Studio (PM)
Laura, a Certified yoga instructor is the owner of Igoe 2 Yoga Studio. She will be running a Power Yoga class and will have a balance board for you to sample. Kim will lead a Gentle Yoga practice. (ask Laura about her cycling and Ironman background!)

Clinique (Brianne Beber) Bon Ton
Brianne will demonstrate the correct ways to take care of your skin, choose the correct makeup colors for your skin tone, and how to properly apply your makeup.

GPS Treasure Hunt (Tom Parks/Ed Grabowski)
Tom and Ed will lead you on a modern day treasure hunt, using a GPS to find clues to your treasure. With a GPS you can geocache all over the world! *Bring a GPS if you have one, or your GPS enabled mobile phone.

Game Care (Bryan Meahl) NF R&G Club, NYSDEC Certified Hunter Education Instructor (AM)
Bryan will explain how to field dress and preserve your game. There may be a model pheasant for demonstration purposes!

History of Guns Seminar (Bryan Meahl) NF R&G Club, NYSDEC Certified Hunter Education Instructor (PM)
Come hear our knowledgeable Bryan talk about the evolution of guns from the beginning up to today's modern firearms.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I come? Women who like guns and kayaks?!? Sounds like my kinda women. :cute:
And that is why we have no problems getting volunteers! ;)

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
"Clinique (Brianne Beber) Bon Ton
Brianne will demonstrate the correct ways to take care of your skin, choose the correct makeup colors for your skin tone, and how to properly apply your makeup. "

wait. what?

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Brianne will demonstrate the correct ways to take care of your skin, choose the correct makeup colors for your skin tone, and how to properly apply your makeup. "

wait. what?
Camo face paint is supposed to coordinate with your Ghillies skirt and high heel hikers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

wait. what?
Yea - NOT MY IDEA!!!! However I'm sure we all have been known to wear a little makeup when hunting!!!!;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts