New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ST PAUL, MINNESOTA - While this story is a defensive gun use, it can almost be considered a "Why I Carry" story as well, because the victim may have been able to avoid hours of abuse if a firearm was more accessible.

Ivy Winter Reutzel-Morrell alleges that Anthony Ray Tullis, 25, who also lived in her home, took her into a bedroom and assaulted her for over five hours.

Tullis also threatened Reutzel-Morrell's life during the altercation.

Fortunately, the victim was able to gain control a rifle during the terrifying incident and shoot the suspect. He was dead by the time authorities arrived.

Reutzel-Morrell is cooperating with police and it appears this is a clear cut case of self defense based on the facts currently available.

Woman Who Was Assaulted for FIVE Hours Managed to Grab Rifle and Shoot Attacker

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
"Who also lived in her home." I'm thinking there may have been other lapses in judgement before not having a firearm readily accessible.

·
Registered
219 Posts
"Who also lived in her home." I'm thinking there may have been other lapses in judgement before not having a firearm readily accessible.
Tough call on that one. For all we know he could've been a roommate or friend. More info is needed at this point, you can't blame the victim for the perpetrator's actions. Luckily she was able to defend herself.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Tough call on that one. For all we know he could've been a roommate or friend. More info is needed at this point, you can't blame the victim for the perpetrator's actions. Luckily she was able to defend herself.
Yea. Maybe. See if more details come out. I guess you never know if someone may lose it and attack you. Personally I've always tried to keep a policy of not living with anyone I may have to shoot someday. But people now look for roommates on places like Craigslist so who knows.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Happens more often than you think...

Once upon a time, I was at the hospital and a woman came into the ER looking like Stephen King's 'Carrie'. Initial thought, she had been in a wicked car accident.. Just covered in blood looking like a mangled mess. But nope - Her house was broken into at 3am. She was beaten and tortured for three straight hours by multiple assailants.

Reason #378 to keep and bear arms.

·
Registered
622 Posts
She is crazy. Doesn't she know she is 10 times more likely to get shot if she defends herself with a gun. She should have just pissed her pants, or vomited on herself like the liberals suggest.
I say this with all the sarcasm I can muster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts