Sad story. Grandmother at 34???

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Wow, having a grand kid born when you are 34 is impressive. You would think that someone would try to avoid having a kid that young if they were born to a young parent. If they kept that pace up, they could have had a 5 generation family photo!

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Caught this story on WIVB earlier...the mother of the 4 yr old is currently 22, so do the math on that one too. The grandmother was reportedly mentally ill.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
You would think that someone would try to avoid having a kid that young if they were born to a young parent
No, you as an adult would think that in 20/20 hindsight.

A teen on the other hand thinks sex is nothing but entertainment and/or an expression of rebellion against 'overbearing' parents to be had as frequently as possible and has little to no concern about the risks in not using contraception. In fact they are quite willing to play the odds for the most part.

The only teens who seem to have any real concerns about such things are the siblings of other teens who already had a kid and the niece/nephew were living with them until graduation/GED/SS registration or whatever.
Put a teen parent and baby in the house where a younger teen sibling is living and there's a perpetual reminder that they don't want to get sucked into that if at all possible.

Seriously, how do young parents have the discussion with thier breeding age offspring that they should avoid the risks otherwise they might end up with an unwanted/unplanned kid like they did?
You know 'don't get pregnant/get someone pregnant, or you could end up with a mistake like you'

That don't fly so well on several levels....

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
It just makes me sick hearing these stories of parents/grand parents harming their own. Any kid for that matter. Unfortunately it seems to be a weekly occurrence in the news. RIP little one. Grandma got what she deserved IMO. Too bad she didn't get it sooner.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Seriously, how do young parents have the discussion with thier breeding age offspring that they should avoid the risks otherwise they might end up with an unwanted/unplanned kid like they did?
You know 'don't get pregnant/get someone pregnant, or you could end up with a mistake like you'

That don't fly so well on several levels....
Valid point. There are ways to put it a little more tactfully though. Maybe a "Some things in life are surprises. Having you at a young age was incredibly difficult. I wish I would have been a few years older so I could be more responsible and provide for you better. You deserved more when you were a kid, and I couldn't provide that."

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
having kids at young ages is not really uncommon in the City. I feel bad for the emotional toll the officers that shot her will have to go through. But, it needed to be done from the sounds of it. Multiple witnesses said she was give an opportunity to cease her attack. Don't know how you could stab a small defenseless child, you have to be seriously messed (guessing meth head) to do that.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
She was my cousin, she had a lot of problems. This is very tragic. A lot of things are being sorted out, I will be praying for the officers and my family. So very sad.

I am a very different person then everyone else in my family, I am the black sheep by not being like everyone else. She wasn't a meth head, but did have mental issues. The description that said it my have been suicide by police my very well be true.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Wow, really sorry to hear that this touches you in a much more personal way.
Most non~triumphant, and while I'm not the praying type, I'll certainly dedicate some deep thought to you.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear this involved your family. That is horrible. Stabbing your 4 y/o is still f'd up. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Wow, having a grand kid born when you are 34 is impressive. You would think that someone would try to avoid having a kid that young if they were born to a young parent. If they kept that pace up, they could have had a 5 generation family photo!
That was the case for my ex, her mom, and her grandma. I take the blame in part only for my ex. But at least our kids stopped it, both over 18 and no pregnant girlfriends.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Time to reopen the mental hospitals.

@Silverpathic - sorry for your loss.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
She was my cousin, she had a lot of problems. This is very tragic. A lot of things are being sorted out, I will be praying for the officers and my family. So very sad.

I am a very different person then everyone else in my family, I am the black sheep by not being like everyone else. She wasn't a meth head, but did have mental issues. The description that said it my have been suicide by police my very well be true.
Sorry to hear, and suprised it wasnt' drug related, she must have had some very evil demons in her, and i don't mean that in the biblical sense, I mean that in the medical sense, if that makes sense. Part of th e failure of the system

1 - 17 of 17 Posts