New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link tmyoungjr. I can shoot 700-800y on a freinds farm but this will be the first time out to 1000+ since my Recon days in the service with the 101ST.So if it is anything even close to some of the training you recieved it should be a riot. Thanks again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just saw Jamie on Friday .I've never been to one of his schools but have shot against him in long range varmint matches and he is a serious shooter I'm sure his school will be fun.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sorry that it has taken me this long to post back but here it is.
The class was a blast. Had a ton of fun and made a bunch of new freinds.
Class started at 8:00 am on friday after intro's We got class room instuction from Jamie Dodson untill 11:30 or so then it was range time.
After a brief range safety meeting the fun started we checked zero and where able to engage targets out to 635y. As this was going on Jamie was using a crony to get every ones speeds for there dop charts. (That he made and gave us the next day)
Day two we were able to shoot out to the 850y target but under the watch of Jamie and his staff. He stresses good body position and trigger control. He only lets you shot 3-5 rounds before making you get off the rifle for a couple of mins. and then makes you build your shooting position again. Twords the end of the day we were able to change the fireing point and turn the 850y target in to 1003y. this is where we finished out the day.
Day three was test day written and shooting. We had to range new targets that weren't there the day befor and use those ranges to shoot those targets for a score.
Here are a couple of pics from the range. First two are of the property that belong to a friend of jamie's that lets him teach his classes there. The third is of my self lining up a shot on the 850y target with my 338 edge. The last is of a ground hog that a shot on the last day of the class. It was ranged at 515y. The land owner gave us stricked instuctions the first day at the range that all varmints where fair game. HAHA
View attachment 11232 View attachment 11233 View attachment 11235 View attachment 11234
As a total grade I would give this class an A++ it was not that expensive the instuction was great the intructors were very helpful and were willing to stay on the range until dark for us to shot.I would definetly go again given the chance.

Sorry about the pics there from my cell phone try to get some better ones posted
Try this video its one of the guys that went to the school shooting my 338 EDGE at 850 yards

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No prob I am headed back down for a long range shoot next weekend its a sat sun shoot should be fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts