New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder why their ranges are still closed? Given the lifting of restrictions was there a specific mandate for them? I would think they would have an attorney all over the county. Ranges are open in other counties.

It's a pain because I could use a drop in range to ring out some guns without joining an expensive club. Any others reasonably nearby for drop ins?

·
Registered
152 Posts
With the recent lifting of mask mandates and things now reopening, hopefully Wolcott's will be able to follow suit. Prior to the pandemic I would often stop by for firearms and supplies. They even hosted a practical shoot every other Fri night which was well attended. Hopefully they'll come back stronger than ever.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I’ll say this. I like it there and the owners and employees have always been good to me.

That being said, I don’t know why there are doing the things they are doing. They still require everyone wears a mask for no scientific reason. The ranges are open but only if you have a paid membership. Strange policies indeed, but it’s their business I guess. Kind of perplexing though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their website says the ranges are close with no mention of membership. I've heard it suggested that their staff is resistant to vaccination. If this is true, I have no idea and rumors should be confirmed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ll say this. I like it there and the owners and employees have always been good to me.

That being said, I don’t know why there are doing the things they are doing. They still require everyone wears a mask for no scientific reason. The ranges are open but only if you have a paid membership. Strange policies indeed, but it’s their business I guess. Kind of perplexing though.
I went in about 2 or 3 weeks ago to pick up my gun and masks were not required (didn't see a single person wearing one). I also noticed that the sign at the entrance said that the ranges were open for members only, but a guy next to me asked about it and the owner said that the range was open to the public. It's strange because online it says that it's closed, and if you call they say that it's closed, but if you ask in person they will let you shoot. My cousin shot there a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If someone opened up a modern facility like you seen in some states, they would wipe out the smaller ranges and clubs around here. I've seen that happen elsewhere. Don't know if the pistol population here could support that.

I'll have to drop by and see if they go for that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If someone opened up a modern facility like you seen in some states, they would wipe out the smaller ranges and clubs around here. I've seen that happen elsewhere. Don't know if the pistol population here could support that.

I'll have to drop by and see if they go for that.
Stopped by today. They said that they are redoing the floors and they have to cure the epoxy. It might be ready and open to the public in 3 to 4 weeks. No mention of shooting now, memberships or whatever.

Had quite a few semi handguns and shotguns in the store. Ammo - not so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts