New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WNYPPL's match is July 29th. We don't' have a webpage right now, but everything you need to know is on face book.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I'm not seeing the details on facebook. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I'll watch the facebook page. I'd like to know the cost, number of stages and round count. I'm definitely interested.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's july 29th at Tonawanda Sportsman club 5657 Killian Road
N. Tonawanda, NY 14120

.AM squads are always full, you can pre register or just show up about 11 for the 12 oclock slots, they are the last ones so there is usually room. Cost is $15. Most of the guys are pretty griendly and will show you who to talk to or, you can meet up with me and my house and we can togther.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll watch the facebook page. I'd like to know the cost, number of stages and round count. I'm definitely interested.
$15 thet ydon't post round count or number of stags, odd months, like this one will have a classifier. Usually 4-5 stages, and aroudn $100 rounds, some times more, sometimes less. Last month we had 1 stage that had 1 paper and 30 steel, that alone was good for about 50 rounds from most guys. I think I used 55. took about 90 seconds, Open guys did it in 40 or so

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I need a classifier.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just email mike, he's going to update FB tomorrow. What class do you shoot Jeff and are you classified now?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I just email mike, he's going to update FB tomorrow. What class do you shoot Jeff and are you classified now?
I am unclassified. I just started shooting USPSA and have not shot a "real" match, only practice nights.

I have been shooting limited-10/minor at my local practice nights. I have been thinking of moving to Limited minor but I'm not sure I want to do that. Probably stick with L10.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am unclassified. I just started shooting USPSA and have not shot a "real" match, only practice nights.

I have been shooting limited-10/minor at my local practice nights. I have been thinking of moving to Limited minor but I'm not sure I want to do that. Probably stick with L10.
Shooting Limited in Minor puts you at a big disadvantage unless your really accurate, how about production, everyone in production is scored minor.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
No gun for production. My only striker fired gun is a subcompact XD. That's why I have been shooting L10, I use my hi-power. I have a kimber and shot single stack for a while but I gave up because my gun is so picky with ammo and I don't have time to deal with it. Plus I want to shoot my hipower to get ready for the pro-am in kentucky.

I'm not ready to buy a new gun just for USPSA, I'll shoot with what I have for now even if i'm at a disadvantage.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No gun for production. My only striker fired gun is a subcompact XD. That's why I have been shooting L10, I use my hi-power. I have a kimber and shot single stack for a while but I gave up because my gun is so picky with ammo and I don't have time to deal with it. Plus I want to shoot my hipower to get ready for the pro-am in kentucky.

I'm not ready to buy a new gun just for USPSA, I'll shoot with what I have for now even if i'm at a disadvantage.
Oh, ok. Just shoot all A's than :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Cooden, you guys should show up for the 12:00 noon squads. The WNYPPL puts on a great shoot with lots of stages. This one will have a classifier also as EvilD said. it's a short drive for a good shoot.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
A match on a sunday! I should be able to do it.

Having to work almost every Saturday in the shop has put a damper on my summer shooting plans. This is prob a good thing as keeping up ammo wise is tough!

I shoot limited minor, it forces you to be more accurate with speed. I will be switching to major next year, though I am not thrilled with shooting 40.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Jeff, you interested in getting Bpipe, George & me to get a squad?
Yeah I am in. Nothing on my calendar.

Evild how do we get squadded with you?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Jeff, send him our names! :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts