New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I am looking for a good pair of winter gloves.
I have an allergy of wet palms.
Is there any brand that has good and warm gloves?
Through web searches, i found the ski bum promo code also their user reviews are great.
What are you guys using? any favorite brands of yours?
I am open to further recommendation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i bought these gloves because I needed some warm gloves which I could use while out photographing and shoveling snow. Yesterday morning I was taking pictures of a Great Gray Owl in a wilderness area of northern Minnesota; the air temperature was 4F. After 15 minutes of holding my fingers poised on the shutten release, my fingers were ice cold. I had to put my choppers on over my gloves and then position my hands under my armpits to warm them up. Thus, if you are not moving your fingers around much, and generating body heat, these gloves are good, provide dexterity, but -30F ... no way ... not even +10F.

When I was shoveling the walks and driveway ... done twice this week in 18F temperature, the gloves worked fine. They kept my hands warm. The key difference aside from temperature for the two examples was my generation of body heat.

If all you want is a pair of gloves for the car, and five minutes of walking around outside ... these gloves will be fine. I definitely like the gloves, but the advertising is misleading.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
I am looking for a good pair of winter gloves.
I have an allergy of wet palms.
Is there any brand that has good and warm gloves?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What do you think about PIG Full Dexterity Tactical gloves. In winter tactical gloves with high heat retention qualities are very useful as they are used to protect against the extremely low temperatures.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you have a medical allergy to wet hands I would avoid anything inexpensive. I'd try a high end ski glove. also, for short term, waterproof use, I use Milwaukee Cut Gloves from HD. No good for long term submersion, but they are dipped in rubber/;latex (?) and have great grip feel and water resistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts