1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am looking at this gun for my next purchase
does anyone have any input on this gun?
Does the receiver come drilled and tapped?

I am one fence with either the benelli nova tactical or the Winchester Sxp defender.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
387 Posts
Resurrecting this thread as I am thinking about the same gun. Everything I read is encouraging. Anyone have one?

Clarification - I am thinking about the SXP Defender.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Check out the price of replacement barrels. The Benelli was very expensive. I had checked on it a while back for a buddy of mine who won one in a raffel but wanted a slug barrel for it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up buying the benelli. i was not able to find a dealer that had a SXP in stock. Regardless I am more than happy with my Benelli. And as luck would have it the gun groups slugs at 50 yds under 3"......I'll take that from a tactical smoothbore anyday.

·
Registered
387 Posts
That Benelli looks like a nice shotgun. I think you did good. For me, it's hard to argue with the price of the Winchester. Wish I could hold and shoot them both, then have my wife do the same since what I am selecting needs to be more for her to be comfortable with than me (I can adapt - I want her to be comfortable with it).

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the benelli is light (compared to my 835 & 870) but with managed recoil 00 buck it is not harsh at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts