New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i was out to pick up some range ammo and i decided to also pick up a box of winchester pdx1 9mm since i could not find the speer gold dots that i wanted in any of the gun stores around. i forgot to even check the box before i made my purchase. i came home and opened the box to find several cases with what almost looks like rust spots on them, dents around the tip lip where the bullet is at. i have never purchased this ammo before. is this normal? is the ammo bad? should i not carry i in my edc or even shoot it at all? have others also found this on their pdx ammo or other brands. whats up with this...

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I carry pdx1 .40 in my glock. Haven't ever seen anything like you describe since there nickel plated. Have you tried to clean them? It seems to perform well but I haven't shot anyone with it so I couldent tell ya anymore than it looks cool lol. I have however used the pdx1 12g and that stuff is awesome!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I carry pdx1 .40 in my glock. Haven't ever seen anything like you describe since there nickel plated. Have you tried to clean them? It seems to perform well but I haven't shot anyone with it so I couldent tell ya anymore than it looks cool lol. I have however used the pdx1 12g and that stuff is awesome!
Which pdx1 12 gauge did you use? Segmenting slug,one with slug and 3 00balls?
RM-08... I have not seen that before, although I have one purchased one box of pdx-1 pistol ammo. Call the company.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i first saw it i rubbed them with my fingers and nothing happened even with some vigorous rubbing. since it kept bothering me i took a piece of old t shirt with a good amount of rem oil and after some more intense rubbing it came off. still not sure what it was on the casings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts