New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts? Opinions?

Im thinking it may come and so im debating getting a small heloc. Then get the 2road rifles i want along with some bulk ammo. Then pay if off with overtime pay early... plus i think itd be good to have a safety incase of unforeseen vehicle or child expenses....

If they do ban i would assume it would be against "assault" weapons. Not bolts so my other purchases could wait....

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
If the leftists get their way all guns will be banned (except for those who are politically connected).

·
Registered
986 Posts
Thoughts? Opinions?

Im thinking it may come and so im debating getting a small heloc. Then get the 2road rifles i want along with some bulk ammo. Then pay if off with overtime pay early... plus i think itd be good to have a safety incase of unforeseen vehicle or child expenses....

If they do ban i would assume it would be against "assault" weapons. Not bolts so my other purchases could wait....
Neither party will pass anything, but the politicians will talk up a big game. The whole gun control issue is a so called "Hot Potatoe" issue. All politicians can remember 1994 and the price they(democrats) paid fo the 94' ban. In a few months nobody will even remember why they were talking about it.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
This is how it will work. To avoid the whole "ban of guns" they will:

1.) impose extremely high taxes on any and all things related to guns. That shall include ammo, reloading equipment and supplies, slings, guns, cases, targets ... you name it. These taxes will be so high that it will either force gun manufacturers to never ship a gun to any dealer in NY OR the dealer will never order one depending on where they place the taxes.

2.) This tax will make guns and ammo so expensive that the Marlin 60 that was once $115 dollars, will now be $700 or more. That AR?? $10,000 or more. This can and will happen IF we the people allow it.

3.) They will put pressure on the gun manufacturers to be held more accountable for any deaths that occur from gunshot wounds. (for media and public support only)

4.) They can impose more "fees" through the BATF for dealers, gunsmiths and manufacturers to also cause an increase in prices.

5.) They will push for internet sales and sales from across state lines to be banned on all gun related items.

I can go on and on as to what they could do, or at the least try to do, to make it so you can't AFFORD a gun and at the least, make the availability next to zero!!. As we all know, when the new prices rise, so do the prices of used guns and that is also the case if you "could get one from a guy you know".

Open a bar and get that liquor license. You'll soon learn that the cost of that license will consume the for $10,000 or more of your profits. See how that works? That's why a beer is $11 at SPAC!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes there will be a ban, the public is far too emotionly charged for there not to be something banned. But i agree with the above post, they will tax us to death, remember Al Capone?. But they will rely on us to admit what we have like they did in austrailia and england in 1996 1997, so just hide everything and admit nothing. Try to stay off the radar.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Sooner or later there will be another ban. But to take out a loan to buy a gun would be a bit silly.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I kinda agree with Chicken Shoot....an outright stomping on the 2A would be cause for revolution, and they know that. To get around that, they (legislators) will attempt to make gun owning a very expensive and risky thing. I can see high taxes on ammo and guns coming, and maybe even an all out attempt to ban all semi-autos from civilian hands. Manufacturers would need to be allowed to adjust to non-semi-auto production in a gradual way, otherwise they would go bust. Too much for an already ailing economy. In NY you would probably see another attempt to get the micro-stamping bill through (the one that has failed miserably several times already). Imports will be severely restricted, and NFA transfers will be even more impossible to get. Maybe the environmentalists will grow stronger balls and scream about lead in bullets.. Maybe Obama will declare a national emergency and proclaim that government now has control over all means of production and distribution of guns. You can almost guess what that would mean. Yeah we gun owners are up against an army of freaky anti-gunner weirdos who would just as soon strip you of the means to defend yourself as look at you. The NRA has been doing a great job of keeping the wolves at bay. I see the NRA as our 3rd political party. They are working to maintain some sanity in politics. One or two hundred bucks a year is not too much to pay for freedom. We need the NRA and the NRA needs us. I for one am continuing my support and hoping that maybe we can continue to enjoy our freedoms at least for our lifetimes. I for one choose my candidates on their stand on gun control and the 2A. Anything else is secondary, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
they'll be no ban. paranoid nonsense is all there will be. but hey that's just an opinion right? i could be completely wrong and massachusetts liberal mitt romney might get another ban going. ....again

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I wrote Schumy and others about his 'internet hi-cap magazine' ban proposal and told him to shove it up his anal sphincter.

This was Schumy's reply... bla bla bla....

Dear Mr. Patton:

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control legislation. Like you, I believe the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the Constitution?s Second Amendment. The recent Supreme Court decisions reinforced this fact, but I believed that this was the case prior to those decisions.

While I certainly respect the Second Amendment to the Constitution, I believe that we have a collective interest in keeping guns out of the hands of those who want to harm the innocent. I believe it is possible to strike a reasonable balance. I have long advocated for faster and more accurate background checks so legal purchasers can receive their guns quickly while ensuring criminals do not illegally purchase and possess firearms. In 2011, I proposed S. 436, the Fix Gun Checks Act to provide more funding to states to compile required background data for the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). This legislation builds on the National Rifle Association-supported NICS Improvements Amendment Act, passed by Congress in 2007. Ensuring that this information is comprehensive and up to date will protect law enforcement from criminals with illegally obtained weapons while speeding up the process for purchasing legal firearms.

You may also be pleased to know that I have successfully fought to create new opportunities for law abiding citizens to exercise their right to use guns. For example, in the 109th Congress, I secured federal money to expand the scarce hunting grounds in New York State by creating a financial incentive for private landowners to allow hunters access to their property.

Thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
United States Senator

1 - 10 of 10 Posts