New York Firearms Forum banner

Will NY voters remain stupid come November?

1K views 31 replies 25 participants last post by  ChrisWNY 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Not hopeful at with the upcoming election. According SCOPE's statistics on a flier I have, there are 11 million eligible voters in NYS, 4.2 in NYC & 6.8 outside of NYC. 60% of eligible voters (over 6 million) are gun owners. So basically if all gun owners voted, according to SCOPE's numbers we could run this thing. My hesitation can be summed up with this question, where the heck was everyone last time?

#21 ·
Not hopeful at with the upcoming election. According SCOPE's statistics on a flier I have, there are 11 million eligible voters in NYS, 4.2 in NYC & 6.8 outside of NYC. 60% of eligible voters (over 6 million) are gun owners. So basically if all gun owners voted, according to SCOPE's numbers we could run this thing. My hesitation can be summed up with this question, where the heck was everyone last time?
There are many on this site that argued to the death that we had nothing to worry about voting for the Obama's, Como's, Schumers and all the rest. Some of us even got ugly PM's telling us how wrong we were and that we had nothing to worry about, "nobody wants to take our guns away" Well some of them have learned the hard way, unfortunately there are many gun owners in NYS not affected by the first attack Como has made, if he gets reelected watch out, there will be an all out attack on our guns not only in NYS but the rest of the country's anti gun folks are waiting to see if Como loses his job, if not just listen to their bugler sound charge!

#4 ·
Why? It's been accused of foul play, and people are ok with this? Are the soft as butter on a hot summer sidewalk really that stupid? If it gets away with this, what's next? Bet Cuomo is polishing his crown as the stupid just look the other way!

"In the absence of new revelations, Cuomo looks positioned to survive the greatest political crisis of his tenure as governor thus far with most, if not all, of his commanding advantage over his Republican challenger intact."

#7 ·
Astorino hasn't run a SINGLE ad highlighting the recent Moreland debacle.

I repeat, 2 weeks since this story hit, and not a SINGLE ad from Astorino.

Other than a federal indictment prior to election day, we'd better prepare for another 4 years of this clown.

#8 ·
Unfortunately Rob is still short on funds but he can still beat the clown if NYers donate more. At this point you're statement is correct 100%.

I for one will not and can not deal with 4 more years of Cuomo land. We are still on time to turn things around.

#9 ·
We sit here and " armchair " this election but every day I go to breakfast and here stories on the contrary to the polls indicate ! These polls are tilted to give the impression that all is well in the Cuomo camp but as we have seen, the rats are " jumping ship " at an alarming rate ! From what I overhear every morning by the other table is there are more voters lined up to throw his ass out than ever before so believing these polls would be like throwing the baby out with the bathwater ! It ain't the way it is ! It's time for some of us to take a look around at the scenery and count the signs compared to other signs we see ! There are more repeal signs than ever where ever I go compared to Cuomo for gov signs ! This is how I'm judging just how bad the polls are off ! Please examine the source of these polls compared to the signs in your neighborhood ! I will bet the repeal signs outnumber the political signs everytime !

#10 ·
I talked to my neighbor the other day as he questioned my sign (scope repeal safe sign). Wanted to know where the law was at (he owns a shotgun he said).

He had ZERO clue about moreland gate. He is registered independent. He also says we don't need some of these crazy semi autos that dump a lot of rounds quickly (whatever the **** that means). Also said he had no problem with BRC on ammo, again my face was pretty <wutdafeck>

He is an older gentleman I would put in his late 50s early 60s and completely ****ing clueless. It's pretty sad really. I thought that generation was all about the news paper?

#11 ·
#15 ·
Yup.I was working in a town the other day and talking to some guys that worked for the municipality there.I mentioned i seen a Rob Astorino sign in a window there and they said"Whos that".I just walked away dumb founded.To many sleeping idiots that dont care and will never wake up until its to late.

#17 ·
I paid for gas today with a cuomo got to go told him what was happening with new york about the start up new york and the moreland mess guy was dumb founded he tells me what can you do told him register to vote he said he don't vote. I told him he better start because cuomo wins that he will be paying for all those company from start up new york that get tax break for 10 years then left with have a nice day ass hole!

#19 ·
The low/no information voters along with the moronic liberals will put ******* back in 4 more years. It's August already and still nobody I speak to knows who the hell Astorino is. I'm making definite plans to leave this lost cause, poor excuse of a state when I retire in 2 years. I've had enough.

#24 ·
And for the record, this thread is asking the wrong question. The only questions that matter are-

A) how many times do -ahem- some voters vote
and
B) who is COUNTING the votes

Is there a way we can, independent of 'the system', audit and confirm the results or at least the number of voters at each polling location?

#27 · (Edited)
^^^

Exactly!

Do you really think anyone from today's zero attention span population will remember the ads Andrew is running NOW?! LOL

#28 ·
The more Cuomo tries bashing Rob , the better it is for Rob . After all the one under investigation is Cuomo for meddling into things that would sink his boat ! Now it seems there are more people asking about who Rob is compared to just saying it's business as usual in Albany ! It's time to lock n load . Get out the vote ! It's our time this time !

#29 ·
I can tell you in the last couple weeks I have passed out around $10,000 or more in Cuomo must go stamped money at shows, in Geneva, Watkins, Seneca Falls and Corning, and Ithaca area, and have been surprised by how many people have read the bills and a good majority of them said they agree Cuomo must go. All I can do is to keep stamping the money and passing it around. I carry around alot of $1, and $5, all stamped to hand out when I buy something. I figure the little bills will get back into the hands of people better then $20,$50 and $100.

#30 ·
The test of how stupid NY is will take place this weekend.
Does the teachers union endorse Cuomo, or the guy that wants to get rid of common core?

For those that don't follow, NYSUT hates Common Core, Pearson, and all Corporations profiting off of public education.

#32 · (Edited)
Now Astorino is under investigation (Federally) for some housing settlement issue. Based on Cuomo's dirty politics and vindictive nature, it wouldn't be a shock to anyone that he timed this out strategically based on his own hole he's dug with Morelandgate. Hopefully Astorino comes out clean and Cuomo ends up in shackles. Little doubt that Cuomo and his cronies are behind it considering this involves a housing matter and Cuomo was HUD secretary under Clinton.

http://wivb.com/2014/08/08/like-cuomo-challenger-in-ny-under-fire-from-feds/

WIVB said:
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) - Rob Astorino, the Republican candidate for governor, has been happy to join a U.S. attorney in criticizing incumbent Democrat Andrew Cuomo over his dismantling of an anticorruption panel. But Astorino's own battle with the U.S. government is heating up, with the same prosecutor lined up against him.

A judge has ordered Astorino, over his objections, to submit to seven hours of depositions by a federal monitor who says Astorino, the Westchester County executive, has been lying to the public about a housing desegregation settlement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.