New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone Im curious if I have a good chance in recieveing my permit im going for residence .in 2005 I was arrested fingerprinted and released next day with no charges I recieved a 343 lEtter stating my arrest was undocketed and prosecution declind there was no evidence to charge me with anything .I was 18 at the time and im 28 now its was the only time ive ever been arrested so opinions are welcome. I plan on going for my security licence first then 48 hr arm guard training and then go for my permit

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent gone for the pp yet im just starting security classes what do you mean bt if I recorded it sorry I didnt understsand

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
On the application for a pistol permit it asks if you've ever been arrested. It does not ask if you were convicted, only if you were arrested. Make sure you answer that question in the affirmative. They know you were arrested and if you try to avoid, deny or try to circumvent the issue, you will be denied. You need to be 100% honest and forthright with the entire application process.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I will answer yes on the application and i will provide the letter that was geven to me with the seal stamp saying my arrest was undocketed I am currently writing a letter explaining what happened in case im asked in writing why I was arrested

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Hello everyone Im curious if I have a good chance in recieveing my permit im going for residence .in 2005 I was arrested fingerprinted and released next day with no charges I recieved a 343 lEtter stating my arrest was undocketed and prosecution declind there was no evidence to charge me with anything .I was 18 at the time and im 28 now its was the only time ive ever been arrested so opinions are welcome. I plan on going for my security licence first then 48 hr arm guard training and then go for my permit
Make sure you disclose it or they won't give it to you becuase you lied on your application.

AS for the armed guard: I'd hold off for now. I just got certified and there aren't any jobs for people who aren't retired cops. Just the way it is for now. You're talking about a few thousand to invest in the courses. You have to pay for the 8 hour, then the 16 hour, then the 47 hour (the 47 hour alone is probably around 700 in the city) and buy all the ammo/ duty belt for the course which will be another several hundred dollars. Odds are you won't find a job with it either.

I'd recomend getting some regular security experience first, seeing if they start hiring more armed guards, and then going to get certified. Or better yet, get in with a security company that hires armed guards. If they like you, they'll probably certify you on their dime. Just an honest suggestion. your call though.

Oh and the armed guard pistol license is separate from your premisis license, and thus you'll be shelling out an additional $340 just for the second license. You can only put the gun you'll be using for armed guard work on that license, so you'll need to go out and purchase a separate gun too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Make sure you disclose it or they won't give it to you becuase you lied on your application.

AS for the armed guard: I'd hold off for now. I just got certified and there aren't any jobs for people who aren't retired cops. Just the way it is for now. You're talking about a few thousand to invest in the courses. You have to pay for the 8 hour, then the 16 hour, then the 47 hour (the 47 hour alone is probably around 700 in the city) and buy all the ammo/ duty belt for the course which will be another several hundred dollars. Odds are you won't find a job with it either.

I'd recomend getting some regular security experience first, seeing if they start hiring more armed guards, and then going to get certified. Or better yet, get in with a security company that hires armed guards. If they like you, they'll probably certify you on their dime. Just an honest suggestion. your call though.

Oh and the armed guard pistol license is separate from your premisis license, and thus you'll be shelling out an additional $340 just for the second license. You can only put the gun you'll be using for armed guard work on that license, so you'll need to go out and purchase a separate gun too.
Ok I did not know that thank you for the info I will go for the security guard first then

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Sure was. I even got unrestricted, which is very rare in my County.
What are you allowed with the unresticted and your In P.A right
I'm guessing he's in Erie Cty, NY (near Buffalo). Unrestricted means we're allowed to carry everywhere we're legally allowed to carry (no schools, post offices, federal bldgs, hospitals, etc), everywhere else is cool.

·
Registered
598 Posts
You need to go down to Duane St., in lower Manhattan, to the criminal court building and get a letter of disposition, go on a Friday, after lunchtime, any time before you need to stand in the "thug line".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts