New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty funny to watch the kid go from gangster to oh **** mode in about half a second. I think the guy handled the situation very well. Skip to 49 seconds if the link doesn't do it for you.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
He didn't have a round chambered. Guess that whole "Might as well not carry then" thing is a bit BS.

· Registered
3,865 Posts
Why wouldn't you have a dash cam? It is as valuable as carrying in it's own way.

· Registered
491 Posts
Why wouldn't you have a dash cam? It is as valuable as carrying in it's own way.
If you were in a place where it was that bad, maybe. But day to day? Just one more thing to get stolen when I forget to take it out of the car or forget to lock the door.

Or forget to turn on, or leave SD card at home etc.

· Registered
79 Posts
He didn't have a round chambered. Guess that whole "Might as well not carry then" thing is a bit BS.
It's historically been more common in Israel to carry with an empty chamber; there's a series of "Israeli carry" drills that focus on very quick racking as you draw, one handed as well as two handed. I think being proficient in those drills is a big element of being able to carry that way.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Leave it to you guys to argue about every little tiny thing in the video... jesus christ...
Grr, yes, I certainly am mad grr!

Anyway, yeah, I hear him racking the slide clearly and then unloading and picking up the round. I don't carry without a round in the chamber, but I think it's a bit foolish to say "You may as well have left it at home."

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
kind of on topic ...in regards to cars...guns...and people trying to get into cars....

let me take you back to just before elections when our great leader was elected by the masses...snowy night around midnight...
Obamanation was in full effect, and people were going nuts excited. Finally their man was being elected (they were CONFIDENT and ballsy)

I was working my regular early shift, up at 0230 to be at work by 0400. Was going to the then girlfriends apartment in a less than desirable section of Albany, decided to pack that night. Later on after heading towards home, I decided to grab a muffin and milk for breakfast at DD's down the road which was still open (just minutes before midnight when they close). I grab a muffin but they have no milk, so i drive across the street to a gas station.

Pull into the station, its dead, no other cars in the lot, but theres a black guy in a puffy coat with his hands in his pockets sitting on the curb just outside the door which i pull in a few spots away from. He stands up as i swing my door open.. Now he starts the whole scheme speech which ive heard by beggars on the street wanting to be your friend, waiting for you to give money willingly or waiting for a moment to knock you over. One hand in his pocket...it never leaves the pocket. During this short conversation I notice his eyes are all bugged out, glassy looking and red. Guy appeared to be on drugs.

Now he starts the usual rambling and asking questions where I am going, etc. I give him general , vague, false information. OF COURSE he is going to the same general area! shocker. I walk into the store now just trying to ignore him. That same hand, still in the pocket, which shows an unusual bulge (making a fist in it or he has something other than just a hand in it)
He shadows me to my 7oclock position into the store. Inside is a young 17/18 year old girl teller. I go to grab my milk in the back of the store, as the puffy coat guy demands a few $1 scratch offs. The poor girl is startled and does the shifty eyes to me , then to him trying to signal that shes basically scared ****less. She hands him a $1 scratch off, unsure if he even paid for it as i didnt see any money change hands). He pockets the ticket, again still keeping the one hand in his puffy coat pocket...

I pay for my little carton or whatever of milk. I turn and there is my newfound best friend in a puffy coat blocking the ONLY door. Back up against it. I walk towards him, trying not to show any fear or "blink" showing weakness. I get literally within 2-3 ft of him and he pushes the door open with his back. Now he walks out in front of me...FAST. He goes up to the passenger door of my car, puts his hand thats free (and not still in the front pocket as it has been), and starts yanking hard on my door handle. Then he looks at me, back at the car, yanks more, back at me, then freezes in place.

At this point ive stopped walking to my car. Ive got the small carton of milk in my left hand, along with my keys (i think the milk was in a plastic bag if i recall, not certain). I tell him , that I already told him I cant give him a ride, and i repeat it. He starts walking towards me with his hand still in his pocket, but doing the militant swagger walk or whatever they do to try and intimidate people. I hold my left hand up with the keys (and bag w/milk ?) up in the air and repeat to him one more time, more authoritatively.

I was originally about 20ft from the door to the car. He closed the distance of about 10-12 ft where I was just about 8ft from him. At this point he is still coming at me looking crazed, hand in that pocket. At this point i swept my jacket back on my right side with my free hand, and put my hand under my shirt where my pistol was. Once I did this, the guy froze in place, and started cursing ...F you. F that. F you, mumbling like a mad man and he walks away from the gas station.

I didnt know if the guy had a knife, a gun, or what in his jacket. Wasnt about to wait and find out. Knowing the guy was hopped up on something , likely drugs, definitely wasnt going to chance it. The most funny part of the story is...as the guy is yanking on my car door, a cop car just at the end of the block rolls by, and keeps going. With the snow falling, visibility wasnt great, and clearly they were not looking my direction. Im also glad that through work they trained us to look for certain signs, and to watch people and their behavior they display. If I wasnt keeping myself aware of my surroundings as much as I was that night, I may of slipped up and made a real error.

Lesson of the story. If you have a gun...bring it. You wont know when you need it. The police wont be there for you 99% of the time, its just not possible unfortunately for you and unfortunately for them.

Also, stay vigilant. Just going to the store down the street may not be a run of the mill event for you.

Im not some high speed low drag guy, not claiming to be, but I do feel better when I carry. I know I have a chance of taking care of myself and not becoming a victim to some low life scum bag who values nothing but the next $5 bill, fix, or bottle.

· Registered
6,329 Posts
Lesson of the story. If you have a gun...bring it. You wont know when you need it. The police wont be there for you 99% of the time, its just not possible unfortunately for you and unfortunately for them.

Also, stay vigilant. Just going to the store down the street may not be a run of the mill event for you.

Im not some high speed low drag guy, not claiming to be, but I do feel better when I carry. I know I have a chance of taking care of myself and not becoming a victim to some low life scum bag who values nothing but the next $5 bill, fix, or bottle.
Amen. Doesn't do you any good at home. That'll be the one time you need it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.