New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Libous challenger fights for spot on primary ballot
(WBNG Binghamton) Three weeks after announcing his candidacy for the New York State Senate to face off in a Republican Primary against incumbent Tom Libous, Candor native Denver Jones will face a hearing to see if he has enough valid signatures to appear on the ballot.
Originally Jones' campaign submitted more that 1,700 signatures to the New York State Board of Elections.
The Libous campaign challenged many of his signatures, however, and the state approved 970 of them, which is 30 short of the 1,000 signatures required to appear on the primary ballot.
"I'm just appalled at how much money the Republican party is pushing into the high level attorneys." said Jones. "Why aren't you using the money for what is intended, to keep someone who is legitimately acceptable on the ballot, should not be the course the party takes, I mean that's what the primaries are for, to determine the best candidate that the people want."
Jones will meet with the New York State Board of Elections Thursday to fight the case. Friday is the deadline for a judge to determine whether Jones will be a candidate for primaries.

Libous challenger fights for spot on primary ballot | WBNG-TV: News, Sports and Weather Binghamton, New York | Local

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Why does a guy, who is in all probably terminally ill care so much about holding onto his seat, or making sure the right person gets it?

This is what Preet Bharaha really needs to look at. That a simple NYS senate seat is worth so much money and time to some people.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Rhinos are endangered. However RINOs are as plentiful as roaches. HTH

;)

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
**** like this is why I hate the GOP. in 20-30 years they will be done if they do not start accepting reality.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but the last thing I actually want is a Republican.

I want a Conservative. Someone who believes in the importance of individual rights. Someone who isn't obsessed with forcing their chosen religion down my throat by way of the laws they pass. Someone who is truly interested in protecting and expanding our freedom. And I can tell you this much: that person isn't in either of the two prominent political parties.

So, in that sense, a RINO is exactly what I want. Someone who understands that there's no way to currently get around the iron grip the two political parties have on our system, so they adopt the label in name only.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Vote for your Republican candidate (ie Astorino)...but only via the Conservative lever whenever possible. This is something all of us should remember this November.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We can't get them out because not enough of us (pro 2A crowd ) are hitting the polls.

·
Registered
735 Posts
...unfortunately, one of the biggest RINOs ever, Lamar Alexander, defeated the primary challengers here in the TN primary this week..... ...this creep voted to pass universal background checks and other harmful gun control measures in the Senate.... ...he received an "F" rating from gun rights groups...

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
It's a generation thing, most RINOs and their voters are stupid boomers. until they all die out the RINOs will hold positions in public office. But their time is coming to an end, younger people are starting to wake up after realizing how badly they got ****ed over.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
LETS NOT FORGET

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It's a generation thing, most RINOs and their voters are stupid boomers. until they all die out the RINOs will hold positions in public office. But their time is coming to an end, younger people are starting to wake up after realizing how badly they got ****ed over.
Thanks, now you're wishing me dead.

:err:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.