New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine and myself travel to mifflin and southfork rifle clubs in western pa.
Would love to find something closer. It's fun as hell and draws a lot of shooters .could be a money
Maker for any club with 300+ yard ranges.

·
Registered
712 Posts
in Honeoye south or rochester we used to have a coyote shoot contest for years! it was great way to think they out and protect the deer for the deer guys during the month of feb for the biggeest. prizes and all! it was great...BUT....one day the rochester city/papers in the city got ahold of it and had a hayday that a local realtor was setting up the hunting and KILLING of INNOCENT coyotes and leave the poor things alone. Even though he explained in the article that no known predators and need to hunt them he caught alot of slack and hurt his real estate business for a while so....
since then NOTHING. I think another outfit does some varmint stuff around but this one was COOL......but the "masses" got only one side of it and killed it..now no one will touch it....too bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shoots I'm talking about are paper groundhogs shot for score at 100_300and500 yards.its a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
could be a money maker for any club with 300+ yard ranges.
You can probably count the number of 300+ yard clubs in the state on your hands. I only know of two that go to 600 yards.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's really sad the size of the state of new york and no long range shooting .they do some f class shooting near me but that's not as fun.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
NY is covered with forest and farm land. If you go where there are more plains or desert then you get the longer ranges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts