New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually, on this website we focus on stories in which a law abiding citizen used a firearm for self defense. Unfortunately, things don't always happen that way and it's important to look at cases that did not result in a defensive gun use in order to remember why we must carry everyday. This is our Why I Carry series.

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA - In this case, 2 men identified as Jonathan Rosa, 19, and Cornelius Crawford, 23 carjacked a 45 year old woman in Philadelphia. The men took turns raping the woman as they drove around.

WHY I CARRY: 2 Men Carjack SUV, Repeatedly Rape Driver, Then Crash SUV Killing 3 Children

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
So one guy turned himself in with his mom and pastor at his side. I guess he has now found God. Why not make a personal introduction. Fry the scumbag.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I understand and share the anger, but stooping to their level would not be productive. That sounds like something you would see in Iran or Gaza.
Ah gosh you're right. Lets sentence the rapist murderers to 25 years to life in a cozy institution with cable tv and yummy sandwiches. After 10 years lets parole them.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I understand and share the anger, but stooping to their level would not be productive. That sounds like something you would see in Iran or Gaza.
Sorry, I disagree. Putting this POS down for his crime and making society a slightly better place for it can in no way be considered "stooping to their level". Curious how you would feel if that was your wife or your kids.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Ah gosh you're right. Lets sentence the rapist murderers to 25 years to life in a cozy institution with cable tv and yummy sandwiches. After 10 years lets parole them.
Better yet, maybe now they can earn their master degrees.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry, I disagree. Putting this POS down for his crime and making society a slightly better place for it can in no way be considered "stooping to their level". Curious how you would feel if that was your wife or your kids.
I'm not saying they shouldn't pay, and actually I agree that the punishment for rape and murder is weak, but burning them in the street is the wrong direction. Might as well hang them from an overpass (Mexico) or drag them behind a car (Gaza).

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Might as well hang them from an overpass (Mexico) or drag them behind a car (Gaza).
OK. You're not such a bad guy after all Moses. By the way, you do realize that when I said "Fry the scumbag" I was referring to something other than your Mexico or Gaza references... don't you?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm not saying they shouldn't pay, and actually I agree that the punishment for rape and murder is weak, but burning them in the street is the wrong direction. Might as well hang them from an overpass (Mexico) or drag them behind a car (Gaza).
I like the see options as well!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Now you're onto something :)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
All kidding aside- if these animals were sentenced to getting beat to death by the families of the victims, live on TV and replayed forever after on YouTube, i believe that it would lead to an immediate and dramatic reduction in similar violent crime from that day forward

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
So one guy turned himself in with his mom and pastor at his side. I guess he has now found God. Why not make a personal introduction. Fry the scumbag.
This reminds me of a line attributed to Norman Schwarzkopf from the first Iraq war. He supposedly said "I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is to arrange the meeting." Similar thoughts apply here.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Score one for MDA, they know she was far better off getting raped than to shoot her attackers, wacko *****es. I hope those two pay with their lives.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Punishment for crimes of this nature should be lethal and public.

·
Registered
891 Posts
No gun used = no story here. If the driver had been armed, those poor youths might have been victims of gun violence. Think of the children! Oh... the kids that were killed? No, no... that was an accident... they weren't murdered by a gun, so forget about them and don't get off topic.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts