New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did you think you needed a gun? Was it just a hobby or did you experience a difficulty where you thought about needing something to protect yourself with?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Both. It’s a hobby but I feel the need to have a gun for protection of myself and family. I’m old and sore and don’t think I could fight anymore. Back neck, back, knees, and shoulder.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all. Thanks for all your responses. I have to admit it's a great and badass hobby. At first, I was too afraid or too hesitant to get a gun, but I realized it's more of a necessity now considering all that's happening around. You can never tell when you need to protect yourself or your loved one.

·
Super Moderator
3,229 Posts
Started out as a hobby, got my permit in 1978. It has progressed into a combination of hobby and protection since then. My wife and kids all have their permits too and shoot regularly at our club.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have two answers for OP
1] none of your god damn business [ read the second amendment]
2] When your family is being raped ,beat ETC the police are only 10 minutes away

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi. Yup, it's really none of my business or anyone's. But thank you for answering the question anyway. Has anyone had experience their license being held up because of therapy histories. Like what if you were seen for OCD, does that count as a mental illness which then might be an issue. Anyone experience this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts