New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
You refuse to pay more than $25/brick?

Are you saying that your demand isn't enough to purchase at higher prices?

What a novel economic principle! :D Somewhat foreign to the writers of that article. Though it isn't too absurdly biased.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I need .22LR ammo, as I have almost none left and I will not pay the inflated prices for it either. Gander Mt seems to have it at decent prices but I never seem to be there when they have it in stock.
There is a LGS down the street from me that has .22LR in stock all the time, I could go right there to get some but I refuse to pay the $54 a brick they charge for it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
i havent found 22lr on the shelf for over a year and used to have a friend who could get me some at fairly normal prices,but that well dried up and now i am down to about 1k rounds. now you would think that 1k rounds is ok but not with 3 shooters and 6 guns in 22lr , i am almost to desperate times

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
im about to get **** on for this but here it goes.....

Why all the hype about 22lr? I have never had the desire to own a gun in that caliber. Yes... i know its cheap... for beginners.... more neighbor friendly perhaps, but i dont think its anything to rip apart people for. Just go to the next step up i guess? i mean, .223 is readily available and not super expensive.( but i guess it is compared to 22lr). Of course i dont see anything wrong with owning 22lr, but the hype is out of control. if you really want it, stop buying it at the premium and wait for it to come around. dont go waiting at walmart at 6 am for it. <end rant>

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Be patient, it comes in spurts.

I scored a few bricks being in the right place at the right time a few months ago.

If there is a big enough demand over time, someone will eventually invest in capacity, lowering prices.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Things are definitely getting better for .22lr and I think part of the reason for that has to do with fact that many people are NOT lining up at 5am and cleaning places out weekly likely they been doing to re-sell or just hoard.. So it is sitting on the shelves a bit longer and giving people more of a chance to get it.. I also think ammo makers are getting caught up with all their backorders and stuff..

Yes the prices on .22 like many ammo have went up in general which see people complain about all time.. But the reason why I continue to shoot it the most is simple.. Even with prices going up, it is still MUCH cheaper to shoot then any centerfire round.. I mean if you can name when other caliber that you get 500rds for $25-$30?.. I am all ears lol.. The .22lr is very popular for a reason.. It's cheap and fun to shoot.. I have shot and owned many centerfire stuff that didn't shoot much and ended up selling as to expensive to shoot and don't enjoy to shoot compared to rimfire stuff.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Gunbot frequently has it at decent prices, if you are fortunate enough to have a relative out of state you can have it sent to. Some FFLs will also do an ammo transfer, but that's 15 bucks usually, or more. If you get a big enough score it's worth it.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
im about to get **** on for this but here it goes.....

Why all the hype about 22lr? I have never had the desire to own a gun in that caliber. Yes... i know its cheap... for beginners.... more neighbor friendly perhaps, but i dont think its anything to rip apart people for. Just go to the next step up i guess? i mean, .223 is readily available and not super expensive.( but i guess it is compared to 22lr). Of course i dont see anything wrong with owning 22lr, but the hype is out of control. if you really want it, stop buying it at the premium and wait for it to come around. dont go waiting at walmart at 6 am for it. <end rant>
but I love the m44 us..... View attachment 34325

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
You refuse to pay more than $25/brick?

Are you saying that your demand isn't enough to purchase at higher prices?
What a novel economic principle! :D Somewhat foreign to the writers of that article. Though it isn't too absurdly biased.
My need to shoot .22LR is not that dire. For now, when I get an urge to shoot, I shoot .223/5.56 or 9mm. I can be patient, and wait for prices to settle to "normal"

Also I've recently discovered the fun of skeet shooting. 20ga shells don't cost much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts