1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Astorino event 9/15....moved
Low turnout for Astorino....moved
Cuomo/Teachout video goes viral....moved

If these aren't political topics..what are?

Shouldn't these be kept in the Laws and Politics forum where they'll get the most views....besides the fact that they are politically based?!!!

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Click on forums so you can see the sub forums. Now find the law and politics section and paste what it says below it here.

·
6,795 Posts
I will go check out that thread.

By the way did you do what I said about clicking the "Forum" tab at top then looking at the sub section Laws and Politics? right below that title it has some text that answers your question.

Also feel free to report threads that are in the wrong section using the triangle with exclamation point in it below OP's info on left.

·
6,795 Posts
Well to save you time this is what it says below the Law and politics section.

"Firearm, self defense and other weapon laws only. All other laws/politics go in Off-Topic"

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well to save you time this is what it says below the Law and politics section.

"Firearm, self defense and other weapon laws only. All other laws/politics go in Off-Topic"
I read it yes, thank you. For the next few months, don't the mods think it would be in our best interest to leave anything election related in the "Laws/Politics" section? I only say that so these threads can get the most views to try and give us the best shot of getting FUAC out of office.

·
6,795 Posts
I would suggest that you go to the site help section and start a new thread asking for a "political action" sub forum to be created. I don't know if they will make one or not but it can't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I think someone is taking the "firearm-self-defense" only a bit too far. These aren't just some "hey vote for so-and-so because they opposr common core" politics that are unrelated to firearms. The support Astorino and oppose Cuommo discussions ARE directly related to firearm and 2A politics. At this point in time even general discussions about how Democrat nomination is going and the Lt Gov are also of high interest- not because of the general interest in the Gov race- but because of the huge impact on firearm politics. I disagree that these are off topic.

Additional, this thread, discussing how the rules of a particular subforum apply is slso not off topic. The discussion on what is appropriate to a forum is relevent and belongs in the forum in question so that the members of the forum 1 are aware and 2 can provide their input.

·
6,795 Posts
I think someone is taking the "firearm-self-defense" only a bit too far. These aren't just some "hey vote for so-and-so because they opposr common core" politics that are unrelated to firearms. The support Astorino and oppose Cuommo discussions ARE directly related to firearm and 2A politics. At this point in time even general discussions about how Democrat nomination is going and the Lt Gov are also of high interest- not because of the general interest in the Gov race- but because of the huge impact on firearm politics. I disagree that these are off topic.

Additional, this thread, discussing how the rules of a particular subforum apply is slso not off topic. The discussion on what is appropriate to a forum is relevent and belongs in the forum in question so that the members of the forum 1 are aware and 2 can provide their input.
I don't make the rules........ but this thread and many others do not belong in the politics section and that is why they are being moved. I have made a pro active suggestion about which I would recommend doing instead of arguing against the rules.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts