New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if Im fully licensed ..in westchedter county..Full Carry.. and GET CAUGHT for a lack of better terms carrying out of restriction. Say. Im picking up my kid up at school in yonkers.. and PRINTING. the school cop asks questions .. and pusheses the situation. Bottom line im fully licended . Registered ..But carrying out of regulation. Can any one give a realistic expecitation of what will happen. And all of your responses my be very intetesting. . This isnt a Joke. Its a serious question that affects all of us ..even you. Besides... ill be arrested my ass kicked the entire yonkers PD responding. Im on news 12.... WTF... on scen handcuffed. And all the drama.. i expect some of you will post. Any Law enforcement lawyers ADA s on line to comment.. ..etc. im only carrying out of regulation. Im curious as to your answers.. because this senario can to me and can happen to you. With all the new restricted areas now in place we need to know what we are in for. I only used my sons school as an example .. it could have been the park 2 blocks from your house.. Hmmmmmm .. Cookie Yonkers Ny.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
No legal issues with carrying outside of restrictions. Worst that could legally happen would be a suspension or revocation of your license, but that's quite unlikely.

The real issue is where you are talking about carrying. You mention you are aware of the new "sensitive places" legislation, but your example talks about picking up your kid at school. Carrying on school grounds was illegal long before the new CCIA laws.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Definitely a big no for carrying concealed as a civilian with a restricted or unrestricted unless Retired OR Active Police. A school has always been a sensitive location. Printing as you said is something cops look for. They can spot someone carrying concealed by how they walk and furtive movements when they see a uniformed cop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.. the school example maybe was a poor choice of what ifs.. change it to a park or anywhere else?? Now banned. I wonder if they have thought about what to do with us .. licensed ccw holders if they walk on the wrong side of the street carrying.. ? Can one be arrested and put throught the PERP..system? Its a legal question that at some point soon has to be addressed ? I dont feel i should be arrested because i walk into a restaurent that has a bar carrying and get locked up just trying to have dinner. At some point soon these questions have to be asked and some system put into place because the way the law reads all of us will be subjected to arrest really soon. Maybe some sort of .. similar to drivers license .. get a ticket pay the fine peade guilty or not guilty pay a fine get attorney. Etc.. be put in place beside getting arrested on a Felony criminal charge. They dont have a system in place for this. This is so as important to all of us more now than ever that someone with a higher pay grade than me to look into. Be safe all!! Cookie yonkers..

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Thanks guys.. the school example maybe was a poor choice of what ifs.. change it to a park or anywhere else?? Now banned. I wonder if they have thought about what to do with us .. licensed ccw holders if they walk on the wrong side of the street carrying.. ? Can one be arrested and put throught the PERP..system? Its a legal question that at some point soon has to be addressed ? I dont feel i should be arrested because i walk into a restaurent that has a bar carrying and get locked up just trying to have dinner. At some point soon these questions have to be asked and some system put into place because the way the law reads all of us will be subjected to arrest really soon. Maybe some sort of .. similar to drivers license .. get a ticket pay the fine peade guilty or not guilty pay a fine get attorney. Etc.. be put in place beside getting arrested on a Felony criminal charge. They dont have a system in place for this. This is so as important to all of us more now than ever that someone with a higher pay grade than me to look into. Be safe all!! Cookie yonkers..
The possibilities you outline are precisely what the lawmakers want. They want to make us criminals so they can take away our rights to own guns, so they are making it difficult to carry a gun anywhere without becoming a criminal.

This is your elected officials at work, trying to literally imprison you for exercising a defined Constitutional right. Vote accordingly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The possibilities you outline are precisely what the lawmakers want. They want to make us criminals so they can take away our rights to own guns, so they are making it difficult to carry a gun anywhere without becoming a criminal.

This is your elected officials at work, trying to literally imprison you for exercising a defined Constitutional right. Vote accordingly.
Well I sure as hell didn't elect them ...LOL....

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
Carrying in any sensitive location is now a felony that can carry a fine and I believe up to 10 years imprisonment. You will also be a prohibited person so all firearms and related items will be confiscated and destroyed. Your life would likely be destroyed with job loss and heavy legal fees.
However simply walking on the wrong side of the street isn’t likely to cause this because that is normally simply city property and allowed to carry on as long as it’s not school property or a park property. Simply walking past a sensitive location isn’t a crime.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Carrying in any sensitive location is now a felony that can carry a fine and I believe up to 10 years imprisonment. You will also be a prohibited person so all firearms and related items will be confiscated and destroyed. Your life would likely be destroyed with job loss and heavy legal fees.
However simply walking on the wrong side of the street isn’t likely to cause this because that is normally simply city property and allowed to carry on as long as it’s not school property or a park property. Simply walking past a sensitive location isn’t a crime.
That is simply not true. Read the law carefully. One of the definitions of a sensitive place (paragraph N I believe) is “any place used for … public transportation” That includes all roads, boulevards, highways, and side streets.
As soon as you step off of your private property in this state you have committed a class e felony.

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
That is simply not true. Read the law carefully. One of the definitions of a sensitive place (paragraph N I believe) is “any place used for … public transportation” That includes all roads, boulevards, highways, and side streets.
As soon as you step off of your private property in this state you have committed a class e felony.
You have a very narrow mind. Best of luck to you. You are reading it wrong. You’re the only person I have spoken with that interprets this as you state and you’re simply wrong.
Public transportation is not a public roadway or side walk. Public transportation is a bus or a subway. If you read the law it literally says side walls are only restricted if certain situations are met like fairs, protests, or other events that close them down. Go back and reread it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts