New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though it IS legal, most online retailers won't ship to New York.
Sometimes I see a good deal and when I go to check out with a NY address it won't go through.
Which stores still ship to NY?

·
Registered
13 Posts
As of last week, TargetSportsUSA does not ship to NY residential addresses anymore. I successfully placed an order last month. Went to place another order earlier this week and got a direct email from one of the staff members stating that they no longer are allowed to ship to NY resi addresses anymore as of last week. I guess something happened.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I actually emailed them, asking about this and i was told they were going over what they can with their lawyers than asked me for any documents proving the legality of online ammo sales. So i sent them the penal code applying to sellers of ammunition, 400.3. Then pointed out everything in there was dependent on the now dead ammo database they wanted so desperately to form.

·
Registered
3 Posts
FYI, I just called targetsportsusa.com this afternoon. They confirmed that they were reconsidering their policy pretty recently. The woman I spoke with, however, said that after a couple of attorneys looked into the matter, they now have the go-ahead to ship orders to NY residential addresses again. Just wanted to let you all know! It's a good day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I joined so I could let you know what I found out after calling them yesterday. They were, just a few days ago, reconsidering their NY policy. However, they had a couple of attorneys look into it further and they have the green light to continue shipping to residential addresses here. Just wanted to let you know!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I recently went around and around about this whole thing with an ammunition maker in Fla. I wanted to place a large order until I saw the NO AMMO SALES TO NY STATE blurb. I thought it was strange because I've never had an issue ordering online and having it sent to an FFL.
I haven't tried TSUSA to my house yet.
So the owners of the store and I emailed back and forth and they wanted the same information that TSUSA's lawyers wanted. I forwarded the same things you all did, and actually included a link to that page on TSUSA's web site so they could see an example of how other ammunition dealers feel about the SAFEAct.

After all that crap, it turns out their site really shouldn't state NO SALES TO NY. It should say NO SALES TO PRIVATE RESIDENCES IN NY STATE. They had no problem selling me ammo if it went to an FFL. I told them to update their web site.

I just got an order from TSUSA... but it had to go to my FFL. I asked if it could go to my house and got no reply.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts