New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heard this on the radio, understand he wants to challenge Libous,same question. Who is Jones.?? What is his position?? We all know Libous is a RINO maybe headed for a cell, this election is a one issue for me. If your not pro-gun get the hell out of office.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Libous has done us no good, he's gotta be worried about his chances if he took it to court to keep Jones off the ballot. I'd just as soon give Jones a shot. He certainly can't do any worse than Libous.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The following is what he represents as his platform. I don't know him personally, but his claim is that he would work to repeal or limit NYSAFE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I, Denver Jones, solemnly swear that when elected I will fully represent the people of New York and will not succumb to legislator pressures. I will remain loyal to correcting all LAWLESS government actions.

I will not vote for bloated budgets, crony capitalism, gimmicks or unnecessary government initiatives.

I will not vote on any legislation I have not read, has not been debated or brought up for vote by way of "Message of Necessity".

1. I will introduce legislation to restore our right of referendum, recall and impeachment.
2. I will introduce legislation to reduce the pay and perks of legislators.
3. I will introduce legislation for term limits.
4. I will introduce legislation named "The Donor Protection Act.

I will use the Senate "tools" to:

· Create Manufacturing Jobs without tax breaks or grants.
· Pass FULL Repeal of the SAFE Act
· End Crony Capitalism. No more freebees for political special interests.
· Lower Taxes for Everyone
· Restore Local Decisions on Education
· Protect the 2nd Amendment
· Repeal Tax-Free Zones & Special Tax Break Schemes
· Repeal NYS Common Core Education

I swear; my reasons for running for office are not for a career. I am running solely in civic duty to our state's citizens. I remain loyal to my military oath and I will uphold my oath of Senate office.

To this pledge I set my hand without any reservation whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
If he keeps that close to his heart, he would be a breath of fresh air. God knows we need it. I honestly think he's worth a shot. I'd much rather see a businessman trying to do good for us, especially if he is doing it purely as a civic duty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Denver Jones is a business owner who has taken many hours out of his work day and family life to fight to get the NYSAFE Act repealed. He was instrumental in the planning of every rally held in Albany. Many of his weekends over the last 2 years have been spent going around the state to get gun shop owners to put "Cuomo's Gotta Go" and "Repeal the Safe Ac"t merchandise in their stores. Denver did not do this to make a profit. He did it because he wants to see the SAFE ACT repealed.

Denver is a family man who has always chosen to stay out of the limelight. He does not have the kind of money that Libous does to mount a campaign. Any success he has in this campaign will come from the sweat of his brow and the help of grassroots groups.

"Jones said too often the backroom deals in Albany are more about what's best for individual lawmakers' districts rather than the state as a whole. He believes the New York SAFE Act, restricting gun ownership, and the federal Common Core learning standards are unconstitutional and should both be repealed."

Profile: Denver Jones mounts a grassroots campaign for senate

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The following is what he represents as his platform. I don't know him personally, but his claim is that he would work to repeal or limit NYSAFE

I, Denver Jones, solemnly swear that when elected I will fully represent the people of New York and will not succumb to legislator pressures. I will remain loyal to correcting all LAWLESS government actions.

I will not vote for bloated budgets, crony capitalism, gimmicks or unnecessary government initiatives.

I will not vote on any legislation I have not read, has not been debated or brought up for vote by way of "Message of Necessity".

1. I will introduce legislation to restore our right of referendum, recall and impeachment.

I swear; my reasons for running for office are not for a career. I am running solely in civic duty to our state's citizens. I remain loyal to my military oath and I will uphold my oath of Senate office.

Where did you find that ? I have been looking for more information about him, web page, or something. But may have been missing it.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

I think I like this guy..............

·
Registered
6 Posts
Denver JONES for STATE SENATE Seat.

UPDATE on Denver Jones August 7, 2015:
After Libous' Fed Conviction of lying to FBI, he was removed from Office. The now-vacant seat will be filled by 'special election' as I understand, so there won't be any primary this year (Denver Jones got 36% of the primary votes last year for his first ever political run against 20+ year incumbent Libous. But now the Binghamton and Albany offices get to choose, without primaries, dem. Barb Fiala (former DMV director hand-picked by coumo) and repub. Fred Akshar (Broome County Undersheriff). While Jones has a platform and a sworn statement, in writing, Both coumo selected Barb Fiala & republican selected Fred Akshar are playing their platforms very close to the chest. Akshar was selected "because he best fits the GOP platform," that we aren't apprised. I am not priveleged enough to be told the party platform, although Fred has told us he "will work hard for us in the Senate." It seems Fred Akshar will fit in very well with the corrupt Albany political Scene where we constituents 'don't need to know nothin, except what we tell you.' And Barb Fiala is a coumo-picked democrat.
Anyway, Denver wants 6,000 signatures so he can be placed on the Taxpayer's Party ballot line for State Senate distr. 52, by August 17th' If anyone can help collect those signatures (I've gotten 9 in only 2 hours), please contact [email protected] (the 'Cuomo's Gotta GO' anti-unSAFE ACT email guy). If you ask him to "sign you up," you'll get info on Denver Jones and the progress toward full repeal of the unSAFE Act.
PLEASE GET INVOLVED WITH POLITICS, so we get rid of RINOs.

I, Denver Jones, solemnly swear that when elected I will fully represent the people of New York and will not
succumb to legislator pressures. I will remain loyal to correcting all LAWLESS government actions.

I will not vote on any legislation I have not read, has not been debated or brought up for vote by
way of "Message of Necessity".

4. I will introduce legislation named "The Donor Protection Act".

• Create Manufacturing Jobs without tax breaks or grants.
  • End Crony Capitalism. No more freebees for political special interests.
  • Lower Taxes for Everyone
  • Restore Local Decisions on Education
  • Repeal Tax-Free Zones & Special Tax Break Schemes
  • Protect the 2nd Amendment
  • Pass FULL Repeal of the SAFE Act
  • Repeal NYS Common Core Education

I swear; my reasons for running for office are not for a career. I am running solely in civic duty to
our state's citizens. I remain loyal to my military oath and I will uphold my oath of Senate office.

Denver Jones

1 - 11 of 11 Posts