New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a tough time finding something pretty specific. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically what I am trying to find is either a inexpensive or plans on how to make a wireless device that lights up a single or multiple LED's on a remote when another wireless device is active. An example would be lets say you have a wireless alarm points that when activated light up a LED on a portable remote.

I cant find anything online period for it and was wondering if anyone is a Google Fu Master and can give me some links.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I could tell you how, but it would take some of your own time.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
"Wireless device" is pretty vague. There are lots of type of "wireless" stuff. RF/IR/Bluetooth?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
"annunciator" might be a good word to add to your searches. Not sure if annunciators are audio only or if they could also be visual.

·
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont care how its transmitted wirelessly as long as it has atleast 50ft range not taking into account obstacles.

Thanks I will try using that word.

This is what I did find as far as the wireless remote with leds that light up.
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Cont...579534&sr=1-32&keywords=wireless+alarm+system

I want something smaller and lighter though. I also want basically motion activated LED lights that when activated light up the LED on the wireless remote.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
not even trying to be rude, here, but here's a link to some great tips on how to use google. A lot of people think you just type what you want in the box and boom, and often, is not really the case. Perhaps these will help you become the master you seek

15 Awesome Google Search Tips and Tricks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Really you just need a two way alarm that suits your needs. Sound or no sound, you can easily wire in an led or whatever type of lighting you would want into the same wires that run the speaker on said alarm. Give me an idea of what type/size you want this thing to be. Are talking something that will be in your bedroom/living room?

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Everything is invented already. It depends how sophisticated you want to get. There is sofware that does all this via IP address. Every ip respons to a specific service. This is use from anything to security, elevators, water valves, electrical switches. Essentially how smart buildings get programmed.
There are affordable home solutions already packaged following the same principal. You have all sort of both wired and wireless interfaces including local and remote controls.
Some also include the smart-home / digital house type of concept and functionality. Look for those too.

·
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont take any offense at all Sweet98. I just learned a few months ago about the scholar search to find papers and case law easier. Thanks for the link.

I am looking for the smaller the better. For the remote that lights up when light is activated I would preferably want it to be around the size of a credit card (thicker obviously to fit in the electronics and battery. As for the lights something around this size http://www.amazon.com/Beams-Battery-Powered-Motion-Sensing-Stick-Anywhere-Nightlight/dp/B002FCGI8Y
I want them all to run on battery power. I dont want it IP though if that makes it more challenging. I would prefer atleast 4 channels but if cost and ease of set up only allows them all to work on a single channel to light up a single LED on the remote when one of the lights is activated then that would be good enough.

1125rguy do you have an example of a two way alarm you can link me to with what your suggesting?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts