New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm a little bit late to the game, but what shops still have ARs in stock? I'd like to go pick one up tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I know every site and place I haven been to in my area does not have any in stock at this time..glad I got mine before they all went..

Maybe gunbroker.com might have some but I am sure there going to be pricey..

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was at Zack's Sports today, in Round Lake, NY. They had 4 on the wall that I could see. Apparently they picked up a few NY compliant AR-15 rifles from gun shops in CT close to NewTown. One of the staff was explaining (probably for the 1000th time in the past week) how they were legal in NY "for now" and patiently answering questions about the finer points of NYS gun laws to a small group of obvious 1st time buyers. They've sold more than 115 ARs since last Friday, he said.

I'd wager they sold out before the end of the day today. They closed at 5:00 today (right now they're probably locking the doors and wrapping up the final sales of the day). They're closed on Sunday and Monday - their normal hours - and closed on Tuesday for the holiday. But they'll be open on Wednesday if anyone wants to see if anything is left. The four they had were all Remington rifles.

Retail is hard enough to work during the holiday season, I can't imagine what it has been like to work in a LGS this past week. It takes patient people to repeat information that is readily available online to customers over and over again.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I was at Zack's Sports today, in Round Lake, NY. They had 4 on the wall that I could see. Apparently they picked up a few NY compliant AR-15 rifles from gun shops in CT close to NewTown. One of the staff was explaining (probably for the 1000th time in the past week) how they were legal in NY "for now" and patiently answering questions about the finer points of NYS gun laws to a small group of obvious 1st time buyers. They've sold more than 115 ARs since last Friday, he said.

I'd wager they sold out before the end of the day today. They closed at 5:00 today (right now they're probably locking the doors and wrapping up the final sales of the day). They're closed on Sunday and Monday - their normal hours - and closed on Tuesday for the holiday. But they'll be open on Wednesday if anyone wants to see if anything is left. The four they had were all Remington rifles.

Retail is hard enough to work during the holiday season, I can't imagine what it has been like to work in a LGS this past week. It takes patient people to repeat information that is readily available online to customers over and over again.
My father just left there said they had two left. one was $1700 the other was $2000

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
gander mountain

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have access to a ton new in the box but, I am not wasting my time posting them on here because I WONT SELL THEM WITHOUT MAKING SOME PROFIT. If I dont make a few hundred dollars a gun, its just not worth the hassle. I own my own business and make good money, I dont need to bother in the first place. People who I will not name posted things on here and caught crap for trying to make some money off what they had rather then keep it. Lesson learned from the B.S. they put up with. I am selling them elsewhere. Its a shame that I am shipping NY complaint AR's to other states because of the drama on here. :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have access to a ton new in the box but, I am not wasting my time posting them on here because I WONT SELL THEM WITHOUT MAKING SOME PROFIT. If I dont make a few hundred dollars a gun, its just not worth the hassle. I own my own business and make good money, I dont need to bother in the first place. People who I will not name posted things on here and caught crap for trying to make some money off what they had rather then keep it. Lesson learned from the B.S. they put up with. I am selling them elsewhere. Its a shame that I am shipping NY complaint AR's to other states because of the drama on here. :(
Well thanks for wasting your time posting that. The AR drama is everywhere not just here. Everyone is gouging. Might end soon might not. There will always be guns to be bought up somewhere.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Are you a dealer?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
If anyone does have AR's in-stock, expect them to run double their MSRP...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Well thanks for wasting your time posting that. The AR drama is everywhere not just here. Everyone is gouging. Might end soon might not. There will always be guns to be bought up somewhere.
Thanks for putting the nail in the coffin.

There will always be guns to be bought up somewhere.
Did you see the prices during the ban? This time will be even worse.

Back on topic.... I do wish you luck in your search Oak, I hope you find not only an AR, but the kind you want.

·
Registered
745 Posts
gander mountain
I visited the New Hartford Gander Mtn this afternoon; only 3 AR-style rifles left, all .22 cal. Unless they had more in the back, didn't ask. They also have a Ruger 10/22 Takedown that I almost walked out with. Maybe after the holidays. :hissyfit:

Also they were PACKED. At least two people purchasing (or picking up) handguns and two other people walking out with rifles in the 30 mins I was there. They also had a Zombie-fied SIG P238 that was kinda sweet. (not $749 sweet though..)

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Which one and when was the last time you were there?
I would take it he talking about one in the Utica area seeing that he is from that area.I know there sold out in Plattsburgh,NY now as stop there yesterday at Gander Mountain..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would take it he talking about one in the Utica area seeing that he is from that area.I know there sold out in Plattsburgh,NY now as stop there yesterday at Gander Mountain..
Gander Mountain website has all of them listed as sold out so I'm assuming most stores don't have much left.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Watertown had 8 - 10 last Wednesday. Hardly anyone at the counter either. Maybe win drum so close and a lot of troops carrying real assault weapons everyday, the demand isn't high.

Worth a call...

·
Registered
769 Posts
Thanks for putting the nail in the coffin.

Did you see the prices during the ban? This time will be even worse.

Back on topic.... I do wish you luck in your search Oak, I hope you find not only an AR, but the kind you want.
Classic situation of haves and have-nots. I don't blame people for being pissed at you for making profit from the current, fear driven market. It's natural and so is greed. But hey - if you're gonna do it, have the balls to put up with a little internet BS. It's not like it matters much at the end of the day. And certainly don't whine about it.

Oak, if you're serious about gettin an AR look for a stripped lower. It'll be the same money or cheaper by the time you get the rifle built (especially with today's prices) and as long as any legislation has grandfathering, you'll be okay having the lower and building it out any time you please. They're easy to build yourself or any gunsmith worth half a crap can do it for you.

Trust me, shops will prioritize lowers in anticipation of grandfathering. You'll start seeing them again in January. Just keep checking every site you can and get on all the notification lists you can.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts