New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S. 1427 in NY has moved along nicely.

This bill would be a boon to us as a community from casual shooter to black rifle collector.

Have you written your senator yet?

Have you urged others to?

How can we make there be pressure for the passing of this bill?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I guess I will have to call Betty on Tuesday! Actually looks very good because it makes sense, but there lies the problem, it makes sense.

S1427-2011 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Proposes a ...

open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S1427-2011Cached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
S1427-2011 Actions. Jun 21, 2012: COMMITTED TO RULES; May 21, 2012: ADVANCED TO THIRD READING; May 16, 2012: 2ND REPORT CAL. May 15

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My district Senator (Young) was one of the initial sponsors.

We need to let people know about this stuff. As it is right now, SCOPE has over half A rated senators after this election, a couple of the dems even are listed as A's.

Assembly is predominantly A SCOPE rated.

Keep the money going to SCOPE and the SAF and TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS. Let's hammer this thing through. The text 'traditionally recognized uses and the defense of self and state' may only be symbolic, but that 'state' bit helps the cause of the black rifles a lot.

We have enough people to do this, but we can't sit back and let it coast. Even reach out to your pro-gun Democratic friends, use a little guilt if you have to, write up the damned letter for them if you have to, but we need voices behind this.

Crosspost. Make noise. Get loud. To hell with sitting back.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't just call your Senators, call your friends. Use the democrat method; Ask your friends if you can use their addresses to contact the Senators. Give 'em a form letter. Tell your liberal friends that are now seeing the UN treaty and Feinstein developments and guilt them into calling.

This needs to get HUGE. Can we get admin to get this into a mailing list?

Needs to be an absolute huge push FOR S.1427 and AGAINST S.1440A.

Both. Now. Loud.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Don't just call your Senators, call your friends. Use the democrat method; Ask your friends if you can use their addresses to contact the Senators. Give 'em a form letter. Tell your liberal friends that are now seeing the UN treaty and Feinstein developments and guilt them into calling.

This needs to get HUGE. Can we get admin to get this into a mailing list?

Needs to be an absolute huge push FOR S.1427 and AGAINST S.1440A.

Both. Now. Loud.
The democrat method?

So go around saying "Did you know 147% of all guns used in crimes in this state are assault rifles, firing cop killer bullets, from high capacity banana clips, with heat-seaking tips attached to their 50 caliber heads, that were fired by terrorists, from a fully automatic, baby killing, weapons of mass destruction that no law abiding citizen NEEDS? Banning them is COMMON SENSE and will not hurt HUNTERS. The deer don't shoot back."

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I mean stealing ID for votes, WORK WITH ME HERE *shakeshead* :p

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump. Don't let this slide.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
ok so what is this then?

Laws of New York
§ 4. Right to keep and bear arms. A well regulated militia being
necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to
keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.
Like usmcvet said....

However, I do like this language:
"AND NO COUNTY, MUNICIPALITY OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THE STATE SHALL REGULATE, IN ANY WAY, AN INCIDENT OF THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS."

Which is why this will fail. They'd have to stop charging an arm and a leg for 'permits' to exercise our Second Amendment Rights.

IMHO - our Armed Forces have already PAID the necessary arms and legs for our Rights. only full retards try to take them away.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It appears that this bill has been being introduced in some form or another since the 1995 legislative session, with this being the first session where it actually made it out of the Judiciary committee and has been "committed to rules". Can someone who is familiar with the NYS legislative process explain what the latter means as well as what steps need to be taken now for it to come to a vote? I assume that it means that the bill is now with the Rules committee and that they will schedule its introduction for a vote before the senate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.