New York Firearms Forum banner

In a Forced Combat Situation; Which Would be Your Pocket Gun of Choice?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Guys,

I am currently within the first few WEEKS of waiting my my NYC permit papers to be processed... and thus, I am reading quite a bit of prospective Pistols. Whereas I believe I am settled on a full sized, Polymer .45 as my first piece. My wondering eyes seems to settle hither and dither. My eye caught on a class of gun I never thought I would consider... and I must say I am intrigued. The question is; if you where caught in a fight with nothing but one of these little fire crackers... Which Pocket Gun Would You Rely On?

Beretta BU9 Nano
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Caliber: 9mm
Overall Length: 5.63"
Overall Height: 4.17"
Overall Width: .90"
Barrel Length: 3.07"
Capacity: 6 +1
Weight Unloaded: 19.97 Oz. or .566 kg
Weight w/o mag: 18.27 Oz. or .518 kg
MSRP: $445

Ruger LC9/LC380

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

Barrel Length: 3.12"
Length: 6.00"
Width: 0.90"
Height: 4.50"
Weight: 17.10 oz.
Capacity: 7+1
MSRP: $449.00

Walther PPK/PPK S.22

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Caliber: .380/ .22 L.R.
Barrel Length: 3.3″
Capacity: 10
Overall Length: 6.1″
Height: 4.9″
Width: 0.98″
Weight (empty mag): 1.5 lbs

CZ-83

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

Ammunition: .380 Auto (9 mm Browning)
Magazine Capacity: 12
Weight: 1.760 lbs
Overall Length: 6.770 in
Barrel Length: 3.820 in
Height: 5.000 in
Width: 1.420 in
MSRP: $452

Sig Sauer P232

Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory Recreation

Caliber .380ACP
Overall Length: 6.6 in
Overall Height: 4.7 in
Overall Width: 1.3 in
Barrel Length: 3.6 in
Weight w/Mag: 18.5 oz
Mag Capacity: 7 Rounds
MSRP: $749.00

P.S. Sorry in Advance: as you should expect more Threads like these... it's all I can do to stay sane, during the wait of waits.

· Registered
2,966 Posts
I just picked up a Beretta 3032 tomcat used for $240. It groups absolutely amazing and is a pleasure to shoot. I would choose it over my ruger lc380 any day. No malfunctions in the first 150 rounds.

My wife wants it really badly for her carry. Going to put these grips on it for her and give it to her. Now I need to look into finding another.

ETA: What are you considering for 45?

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I just picked up a Beretta 3032 tomcat used for $240. It groups absolutely amazing and is a pleasure to shoot. I would choose it over my ruger lc380 any day. No malfunctions in the first 150 rounds.

My wife wants it really badly for her carry. Going to put these grips on it for her and give it to her. Now I need to look into finding another.

ETA: What are you considering for 45?
Sweet little gun, man... I wish MY wife liked this stuff...

Most likely Going with the Beretta Px4 in .45, the Sig. 227 or the HK45c...

· Registered
5,239 Posts
I cant hit ANYTHING with those LC9s because of that trigger, i can punch Black all day with the SWEET Trigger on the PPK/s!

· Registered
5,239 Posts
ever shoot the Sig Sauer P938???
GREAT trigger on that!

· Registered
537 Posts
I voted LC9 for a couple of reasons:

First, it's 9mm. Your mixing 9mm and .380 here, but you really might want to think about that. 9mm is the way to go in my opinion. I don't find 9mm small frame guns bad to shoot, but if you do, then go for a .380. Otherwise consider only 9mm options only.

Second it doesn't break the bank. That Sig isn't even in the same ballpark on price! Why is it so expensive when you can get a PPK for under $400?

Third, it's a common firearm. I've not read a ton about them being bad, a lot of people have them and seem to like them.

Forth, 1 more round than that Beretta. When you're stuck with so few, why make it worse?

So that's my thought, although myself I absolutely love my Taurus 709 slim. Hogue mini-handall on it and it fits my big hands just fine. I shoot it a ton, and it always goes bang for me. But I'll stop there since I already assume you've considered other options you didn't post like a Bersa Tunder 380, Taurus models, Keltec's, etc.

· Registered
3,557 Posts
I carry two rounds of Buckshot in mine and ten extra cartrideges, 410 2 1/2" shotgun shells two extra buckshot, two rifled slugs, one PDX.
five 45LC Buffalo Bore in a nylon pocket package I had made up.
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Gas Varnish

My main pocket carry in my S&W 642 Airweight 38 +P very comfortable to carry and I take it every where I go,it goes in my pocket when I get dressed in the morning and stays there untilI go to bed.
Wood Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood stain

I picked up a Bond USA Defender for my pocket carry, I know it is only two rounds, but it beats a pocket knife.

· Registered
3,557 Posts
When I was looking for a compact semi auto for pocket carry it came down to either the Walther PPS or the Kahr PM9, The Kahr PM9 was $200 cheaper so I went with the Kahr. They're both nice handguns. It all amounts to what you can afford and what you are comfortable with. If it's not comfortable to carry, chances are you'll be leaving it at home. It should make it's way into your pocket every single day, day in and day out. The one day you leave it at home might just be the day you should have it in your pocket.
You never know when your safety will be in the hands of a piece of **** that will kill you for the few bucks in your wallet and your cell phone.

The old Boy Scout motto "Be Prepared"

Thev Kahr PM9 is the first handgun in the first row on the left, A nice pocket pistol.
Table Tableware Wood Drinkware Barware

· Registered
3,751 Posts
The 380 is inadequate and is usually only chosen as a compromise for deep concealment. It doesn't pass the FBI minimum standards for penetration.

A pocket 9mm would be a better choice since that caliber passes the FBI minimum standards.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.