New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Ok, what kind of gun was he shooting in his yard, $10 says it was an air rifle of some sort and why on earth would he let a government official in his house with out a warrant if he knew what was in there. Sounds fishy to me.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
I didn't watch the video, but on the screen, in his current facial expression, he looks like former Governor Patterson.

·
awesome for hire.
3,608 Posts
tannerite, this is my guess now we will see a push for a ban on exploding targets.
They're already not legal in NYS. If you want to get really technical, my ATF guy said that if you're mixing binary explosives, you technically need BATFE explosives manufacturing license.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Wonder why the police don't release a picture of the weapon cache and bomb material they recovered.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
An article on WIVB simply said the "bomb material" was the powder used for "reloading bullets". When you shoot out of an apartment window on a main road in a fairly populated township, don't expect good results...

Man charged after police find materials | WIVB.com

ATF, FBI, SWAT, Homeland Security, Local and State Police are all involved in the "investigation" at this point. I'm thinking we'll find out this kid was an enthusiast who also happened to reload. Shooting targets out the window of an apartment building is a failure of common sense. Was/is this guy a NYF member? Who knows, it's gotta be a possibility though.

Here's a photo of him, not sure he reminds me too much of Paterson. Harry Potter, maybe, but Paterson, no way LOL...

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Another example of a bad choice in life. People have to look at the bigger picture, not their own little one.

Did this kid think no one would care or notice?

·
Registered
625 Posts
its not me but very close to where i live i heard he was shooting a 22 at bottles in his yard? what ever the case these officials are going to blow this crap up. Poor kid he did make a bad decision but?

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Here's a photo of him, not sure he reminds me too much of Paterson. Harry Potter, maybe, but Paterson, no way LOL...
Oh, must've been someone else. It's when you first click that link in the OP, the video is kinda paused on a shot. Looks like Patterson. Made me scared for a second.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Oh, must've been someone else. It's when you first click that link in the OP, the video is kinda paused on a shot. Looks like Patterson. Made me scared for a second.
Yeah the title image in the video link on the Buffalo News page is an ATF guy. He does bear some resemblance to Paterson, probably because his eyes are a bit squinted...

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Is that Darth Gamer?
I NO WEAR GLASSES!!!!111

They're already not legal in NYS. If you want to get really technical, my ATF guy said that if you're mixing binary explosives, you technically need BATFE explosives manufacturing license.
How are they not legal? They are at gun stores, on display, all around here.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Your ATF guy should read the ATF website...

ATF Online - Explosives - How To - Binary Explosives

Manufacturing
Mixing binary components together constitutes manufacturing explosives. Persons manufacturing explosives for their own personal, non-business use only (e.g., personal target practice) are not required to have a Federal explosives license or permit. However, individuals or companies must obtain a Federal explosives manufac¬turing license if they intend to engage in the business of manufacturing explosives for sale or distribution, or for their own business use. Such business uses include manufacturing for use in commercial blasting applications, removing obstacles such as trees or rocks during construction, theatrical special effects, and for demonstration or product testing purposes.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I think the only law this kid may have broken was the discharge of a firearm within 500 ft. of an occupied dwelling (notwithstanding any additional provisions that Amherst may or may not have for discharging of firearms within town limits). He's being held on $250k bail. That's a lot of bail money for a misdemeanor. If this kid truly had no ill will toward anyone other than having a hobby, he's going to potentially pay a hefty price especially considering the publicity surrounding his arrest, etc. Speaking of manufacturing, this kid could be facing some "manufactured" charges.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Wreckless endangerment and similar charges could be filed.

·
awesome for hire.
3,608 Posts
Your ATF guy should read the ATF website...

ATF Online - Explosives - How To - Binary Explosives

Manufacturing

Mixing binary components together constitutes manufacturing explosives. Persons manufacturing explosives for their own personal, non-business use only (e.g., personal target practice) are not required to have a Federal explosives license or permit. However, individuals or companies must obtain a Federal explosives manufac¬turing license if they intend to engage in the business of manufacturing explosives for sale or distribution, or for their own business use. Such business uses include manufacturing for use in commercial blasting applications, removing obstacles such as trees or rocks during construction, theatrical special effects, and for demonstration or product testing purposes.
Interesting. I wonder if it was in relation to our license vs buying it already done. For some reason he made it seem like it was not legal in NYS. I will have to ask him again when I talk to him.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
And you trust your ATF guy? I was down right lied to by them and gave up my FFL becasue of it. The ATF needs to be abolished.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts