New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good place to buy body armor off of? I've tried galls and it seems like I'd have to sell kidney to obuy from them. I tried useing tacdaddy.com and they didn't sound trust worthy.. If you pay $380 for level4 armor and they bill your card yet five weeks later they call you and say they just got the order this morning for level3 plates for $230 something ain't right.

I'd prefer level4 protection but will settle for level3 and am trying to keep my budget under $600 if you know of any good company's please let me know.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Go to ebay and search catiarmor

Best deal out there on ar500 plates

·
Registered
430 Posts
I agree on the others advice with ar500 if looking for plates and a carrier. You may have to wait briefly as there is wait time on some of the plate and carrier combos due to their popularity. If looking for soft armor I have a 3a carrier and vest brand new looking to move out from under my bed..

·
Registered
436 Posts
ar500 and thetargetman

for both companies, there is a ton of reviews on both their soft / composite level armor, as well as their ar500 steel armor. and prices are right.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Guys, im telling you; you cant beat the price on Catiarmors plates.. real ar500 steel, curved and frag coated too.

I did a TON of research on this a while back..

And what kind of budget do you have for a carrier? Im a big fan of the mayflower apc, and the next step down in price i like the paraclete sohpc, and then the banshee.

It all depends on you intended use and budget.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was called to supply some rigs for the events in ferguson, mo, most vendors were swamped and required 6 weeks to deliver their product. I was able to put together the rigs I needed by buying plates and carriers from ebay and putting them together myself. I also found the large PRESS patches which ghey all wanted. I would put them up against any commercial made rig.

I kept one for myself for prepzredness purposes.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Guys, im telling you; you cant beat the price on Catiarmors plates.. real ar500 steel, curved and frag coated too.

I did a TON of research on this a while back..

And what kind of budget do you have for a carrier? Im a big fan of the mayflower apc, and the next step down in price i like the paraclete sohpc, and then the banshee.

It all depends on you intended use and budget.
I still find it crazy that to be properly setup you need spend more money on the carrier than the plates themselves. Intuitively speaking you would think that you would want to put most of your money in the plates that actually stop the bullets. The more I research this topic I think your right celt with what you linked.

I mi need to put some money in other things first but will be getting a setup in the near future. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Picked up mine from them before they were Spartan armor, Great people, very helpful. For the anticipated use the, cost is reasonable. YMMV depending on your SHTF plan. I don't plan to transverse the Rokies wearing full battle rattle so the heavier plates and lower price are fine for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts